Do Share - Where are you going to be Oct 1st opening bow season?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only rifled hunted last year and, after finding a good deal on a Mathews Switchback XT, I have been honing my shooting skills all summer long. I also worked all summer trying to get some new hunting grounds for bow season this year with not much luck. Just last week a old buddy of mine, who doesn't hunt, offered me a spot behind his house outside the little town of Meeker. Not having any high hopes I decided to get together with him over the weekend to check it out. I couldn't believe my eyes, the deer heaven this guys has in his back yard is incredible. Several miles of nothing but great deer habitat in all directions. So, it looks like I'm headed that way early Saturday morning.

Bought a ghost blind I found in the classifieds a few months ago so I'm going to try that out with my new ghillie suit. Hope to be packing out some meat soon.

So, where are you going?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Working....and not happy about it. Oh well, the wind being SE is iffy for my stands any way. We'll see if work gets in the way all day/weekend.

Sounds like you're trying to put a positive spin on having to work instead of hunt, and I completely get it and may end up doing the same.:thumb:

There's a chance of rain Saturday and Sunday, so if I don't get to come up, that's going to be the official reason.....

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you're trying to put a positive spin on having to work instead of hunt, and I completely get it and may end up doing the same.:thumb:

There's a chance of rain Saturday and Sunday, so if I don't get to come up, that's going to be the official reason.....
Ha ha trying to. I could probably force a hunt in, but it's too early in the season to be burning brownie points, especially given that I don't have any bucks on camera yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom