Do Share - Where are you going to be Oct 1st opening bow season?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be out with my wife on public land. It's her first time to go hunting. She has been shooting her bow for a few months now and is solid out to 30yards. She is still unsure about climbing trees so we will be on the ground. I dont know if she will want to go all day, probably not, but i sure would like to.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha ha trying to. I could probably force a hunt in, but it's too early in the season to be burning brownie points, especially given that I don't have any bucks on camera yet.

Ah come on now! Don't let those pesky cameras ruin your hunt before it starts. My plan is to drive over 500 miles with only one mature buck on camera that I'm trying to save for my daughter. I'm gambling that a giant I've never seen before will stroll by my stand like last year.

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will be at work, and then doing homework. I'll suffer through one more season with little hunting and fishing so I can graduate in May.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah come on now! Don't let those pesky cameras ruin your hunt before it starts. My plan is to drive over 500 miles with only one mature buck on camera that I'm trying to save for my daughter. I'm gambling that a giant I've never seen before will stroll by my stand like last year.

Lol you read that wrong. I'm not going to force a hunt into the weekend with iffy wind direction AND burn brownie points (work Saturday and we have a babysitter for Sunday evening). I'll probably go Monday when the wind is out of the south, saving my brownie points for later. After striking out last year, I'm shooting any doe that comes by. Bucks will eventually come around nearer Halloween.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may even get lucky and get to do both days.....if the honey do list and kids demands are controlled...
Our gun club in Ponca is having a member appreciation and swap meet on the 1st, and I'm head chef for the burgers and dogs.
There's plenty of time during the rest of the season, but I do like to make opening day. Its been a tradition.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol you read that wrong. I'm not going to force a hunt into the weekend with iffy wind direction AND burn brownie points (work Saturday and we have a babysitter for Sunday evening). I'll probably go Monday when the wind is out of the south, saving my brownie points for later. After striking out last year, I'm shooting any doe that comes by. Bucks will eventually come around nearer Halloween.

I'm just twisting your tail. I've been in your shoes having to juggle a young family and work while trying to fit hunting into the equation. Enjoy the kids while they're young, because teenagers can be pretty terrible. lol!!!

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just twisting your tail. I've been in your shoes having to juggle a young family and work while trying to fit hunting into the equation. Enjoy the kids while they're young, because teenagers can be pretty terrible. lol!!!

No kidding. I'm not looking forward to teenage twins. That's a lot of angst. Lol

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ZIKA WILL GET YOU!!!!! DO NOT GO HUNTING BEFORE FIRST FREEZE. BE SURE TO STAY AWAY FROM LAKE THUNDERBIRD.

I'D APPRECIATE IT. :thanku::thumbup3:

yes, I troll...sometimes.

I'm not far from Thunderbird and was asking a buddy of mine about hunting there. He said he's been a couple time and the last two times there he worked hard to get as far back and out of the way as possible. After getting set up in his stand, as it was just getting light, he said he heard a bunch of ruckus, and then watched as some guy came barreling through the woods, appearing in a hurry to get to some spot before full light. He said after that happened a few times he gave up on the area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom