Do Share - Where are you going to be Oct 1st opening bow season?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
For the first time in a very long time....I "won't" be in a tree. Sucks, but I'm still recovering from a total hip replacement from August 29th. I should be able to climb a tree by the end of October and definitely will be in by Rut.

That procedure has come a long way in the last 15 years, not much down time anymore. Had a hunting buddy have the same a few years ago and I couldn't believe how fast the recovery was and he was back hunting in a couple of months.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm heading up tomorrow to be in a stand along the Salt Fork on Saturday morning. I've been getting 400-600 pictures a day on my cameras since the first week of August, and there has still only been one mature buck (5+ year old) show up.

I've got to be honest that this is the least excited I've ever been about the opening of deer season. I believe Okie4570 suggested earlier in another thread that I forget the cameras and just go hunting, so I guess in a way that's what I'm doing....:anyone:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I'm heading up tomorrow to be in a stand along the Salt Fork on Saturday morning. I've been getting 400-600 pictures a day on my cameras since the first week of August, and there has still only been one mature buck (5+ year old) show up.

I've got to be honest that this is the least excited I've ever been about the opening of deer season. I believe Okie4570 suggested earlier in another thread that I forget the cameras and just go hunting, so I guess in a way that's what I'm doing....:anyone:

My card on the Salt Fork place has two doe and one fawn for 4 days now. 300+ pics. Going to be a meat season looks like.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160930_308aec1bb25e7aae3a834dbc731e391f.png

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

Yes sir. 24 hours from now, sitting in the dark :) Looked at over 7k pics off of 3 cams from the last 2 weeks and not a shooter on cam in the last week. Got the one bizarro crazy racked buck that shows up like clock work. Hopefully my daughter can get a shot at him tomorrow evening............probably going to be a doe parade in the morning.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I've only got into the deer hunting world over the last 2 years so I don't have cameras yet. Only a friend telling me, "Hunt over there in that section, I've seen several deer over there the last couple of years". I figure if I don't see any I can do a little hunt and stalk. Even if I don't see any I'm still excited just to be out there.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes sir. 24 hours from now, sitting in the dark :) Looked at over 7k pics off of 3 cams from the last 2 weeks and not a shooter on cam in the last week. Got the one bizarro crazy racked buck that shows up like clock work. Hopefully my daughter can get a shot at him tomorrow evening............probably going to be a doe parade in the morning.
I'll be happy with a doe.....meat in the freezer!

Latest posts

Top Bottom