Do Share - Where are you going to be Oct 1st opening bow season?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to a stand this morning that has produced at least have a dozen shoulder mount quality bucks for my family, and movement was pretty brisk until about 8. I ended up seeing 7 does/yearlings and 4 bucks. It started trying to rain, and I was afraid I might melt and left earlier than intended.

I put up a feeder on the north part of the place a couple weeks ago and am getting quite a few pictures, so I'm probably going to take a ground blind and sit there this evening for a change of scenery.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad y'all are seeing deer! I'm debating on sneaking in a hunt this week when I'll have the public ground to myself, or close to it.

With as much trouble as you have being walked in on, I'd try to do as much hunting as possible during the week, and you must have a much higher tolerance for that kind of behavior than I do. Getting a hunt busted isn't something I take lightly.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With as much trouble as you have being walked in on, I'd try to do as much hunting as possible during the week, and you must have a much higher tolerance for that kind of behavior than I do. Getting a hunt busted isn't something I take lightly.
I see it as a part of public land. He did the right thing at first by turning around and going where he came from, but the second time did tick me off, especially when he circled me at 150 yards and got the does I had missed, blowing....being considerate wasn't his thing, I guess. In the end, it is public land and I'll grumble to myself.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy cow! I'm sitting in a ground blind on the north side of my where I rarely hunt to look at something different and have sweat running in my eyes. It's hot this afternoon!!! I'm also being exposed to every mosquito born disease known to man. These suckers are about to haul me off!!

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I trekked into my new hunting spot loaded down with my ghostblind in one hand, bow in the other and all my gear on my back. By time I got to my spot I was sweating like a pig and all my face camo was gone. I couldn't help thinking about all that wasted time with scent control now that I was soaking wet with sweat. After a few hours behind the blind I finally saw a group of does grazing their way towards me. As I positioned myself with my bow just right I heard some type of farm equipment near where I was, they all jerked their heads up and sprang away. I was worried about the wind though, it seemed to be swirling and changing from S SE to SW. How frustrating to be all ready to get it done and poof, chance gone. Anyway, I decided to go for a little scouting trip to get to know the area a little better and after fighting the thorn vines and heavy cover I was scratched up and soaking again. I didn't hunt last October and I have to say, it was cooking me. The good thing is I did see deer and I'll be better positioned next time. I was a little too far from where I needed to be. Of course after I set up near where they came out, they'll come out from the other side. Isn't that how it always goes? I'll be trying my luck again next Saturday, or Sunday morning depending on which has the better weather. Still have to put in that honey do day.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
been texting my son. he's pinned down by three does and their babies. looks like the little bit of work i did at least paid off some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom