Do You Celebrate Halloween

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you celebrate Halloween?

• Of course, it's a lot of fun.

Votes: 70 68.0%
  • No! It's the Devil's Holiday!

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Yes, but at a church event.

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Burn that Devil loving JB Books at the stake!

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I let my daughter dress up and have fun. But I also teach her about the pagan rituals associated with it. Before someone goes off on me, I in fact do teach her about the pagan rituals associated with Christmas and Ishtar. . . I mean Easter. And I foster her belief in Santa Claus, because he is real. And when she begins to doubt, I tell her the full story, of who he is, and then induct her into the keepers of the knowledge. This way instead of going from "Santa's Real" to "Santa's Lame" she goes to being part of Santa.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I let my daughter dress up and have fun. But I also teach her about the pagan rituals associated with it. Before someone goes off on me, I in fact do teach her about the pagan rituals associated with Christmas and Ishtar. . . I mean Easter. And I foster her belief in Santa Claus, because he is real. And when she begins to doubt, I tell her the full story, of who he is, and then induct her into the keepers of the knowledge. This way instead of going from "Santa's Real" to "Santa's Lame" she goes to being part of Santa.

Santa is real.:angry3:

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Saint Nicholas was real... that part of Christmas is not of Pagan origin. The pagan parts are stuff like the tree, lights, wreaths and yule logs. The story of St. Nick is actually not far off from real. However, his gift giving wasnt limited to 1 time a year. He was of a wealthy family and donated most of his inheritance to the poor over the course of his life. Basically, he would drop coins in the shoes of the poor which were left outside by the door to the house.

He's also the patron saint of Children, Sailors, Merchants, Prostitutes and repentant thieves among other things. ;)

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the run down around our house:

Oct. 31st -All Hallow's Eve (Halloween)

November 1st -All Saint's Day (Day of remembrance of all saints. There are more than 365, so this covers the saints that don't get their own special day).

November 2nd -All Soul's Day (Day of remembrance for all friends and family no longer alive in this world)

It was originally done around the time of the fall harvest when the church was trying to sell the story to more Pagan groups. People don't like to change the fun that they have had for hundreds of generations. There is no evil about it. Fire and brimstone comes from Dante, not the bible.

Bring on the candy and costumes! I am ALWAYS something scary.

Santa is real, BTW.

Latest posts

Top Bottom