Do You Celebrate Halloween

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you celebrate Halloween?

• Of course, it's a lot of fun.

Votes: 70 68.0%
  • No! It's the Devil's Holiday!

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Yes, but at a church event.

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Burn that Devil loving JB Books at the stake!

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And no, my parents did not tell me that santa existed. They said that they didn't want to tell me not to lie as a child, then have me find out that they had been "lying" to me for several years. Also didn't want me to have to throw out what they had taught me about santa, but still hang on to what they taught me about God.

Must...not...reply...

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the run down around our house:

Oct. 31st -All Hallow's Eve (Halloween)

November 1st -All Saint's Day (Day of remembrance of all saints. There are more than 365, so this covers the saints that don't get their own special day).

November 2nd -All Soul's Day (Day of remembrance for all friends and family no longer alive in this world)

It was originally done around the time of the fall harvest when the church was trying to sell the story to more Pagan groups. People don't like to change the fun that they have had for hundreds of generations. There is no evil about it. Fire and brimstone comes from Dante, not the bible.

Bring on the candy and costumes! I am ALWAYS something scary.

Santa is real, BTW.

:thanku::hyper::thanku:

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of Holidays in general. Ba humbug. I'm not about to rob my children of those experiences though.

Our kids dress up and go to a deal at church. There are the select few teenagers who treat halloween as a license to act like bigger idiots than teenagers normally would. I just prefer a more controlled environment. Our kids get to hand the candy out to other kids on Halloween though.

We've never told our kids Santa was real or made a big deal out of Santa. I don't think I've deprived them. More often than not, it's a bigger deal to the parents than the kids. We have told them who St. Nick was and how the story of Santa originated from him. We are not anti-Santa, he is just not a big part of the holiday for us. Our kids get a backpack every year to fill for a kid less fortunate. They really get into it. They often send something that is meaningful to them or use their own money to buy stuff. If you ever have the chance to let your kids do something like that, I highly encourage it. They end up with a better appreciation of what they have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom