Do You Celebrate Halloween

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you celebrate Halloween?

• Of course, it's a lot of fun.

Votes: 70 68.0%
  • No! It's the Devil's Holiday!

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Yes, but at a church event.

Votes: 10 9.7%
  • Burn that Devil loving JB Books at the stake!

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want to burn poor old JB. I just want the Boss Hog avatar back. The REAL JB, not some swanky Texas oil man.

Do it, JB. Do it, or I unleash the Halloween Hell Hounds. I swear to God I'll do it!!!!

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There's no more devil worship on Oct 31st than any other day of the year... All those rumors about satanic rituals

I disagree with this. I think there are a lot of satanic groups and pagan groups who perform various rituals on Halloween to get more publicity for their groups, since the media is more apt to report on it. I would lend to say there are a lot of teens who dabble in the occult on this night as a way to scare each other and to get 'into the spirit'.

Saint Nicholas was real... that part of Christmas is not of Pagan origin. The pagan parts are stuff like the tree, lights, wreaths and yule logs. The story of St. Nick is actually not far off from real. However, his gift giving wasnt limited to 1 time a year. He was of a wealthy family and donated most of his inheritance to the poor over the course of his life. Basically, he would drop coins in the shoes of the poor which were left outside by the door to the house.

He's also the patron saint of Children, Sailors, Merchants, Prostitutes and repentant thieves among other things. ;)

St. Nicholas was real, but is completely separate and distinct from Santa Claus. The feast of St. Nicholas is on Dec 5. Protestant children saw the gifts that Catholic children received on this day and wanted a day of their own. Protestant parents wanted to accomodate their children, but did not want them celebrating a Catholic feast day or venerating a Catholic saint, so they moved their gift-giving holiday to Christmas and invented Santa Claus by using elements of the Norse god Thor, who was represented as an elderly man of heavy build, with a long white beard. His element was fire, therefor his color was red. He rode in a chariot and was said to live in the "Northland". The fireplace was sacred to him and he was said to come into the home through the chimney, into his element (fire). Sound familiar?

Don't forget this guy. He is real.
[Broken External Image]
I really like this little guy.

lol

I don't judge people who celebrate halloween, heck I used to long time ago. But there is WAY too much satanism and devil stuff wrapped up in it for me to take part. And no, my parents did not tell me that santa existed. They said that they didn't want to tell me not to lie as a child, then have me find out that they had been "lying" to me for several years. Also didn't want me to have to throw out what they had taught me about santa, but still hang on to what they taught me about God. That would be confusing for a little kid. So they just told me what they believed to be the truth and didn't teach me any fantasies. Sure, it might not have been all that much fun for them, but at least I always trusted them. And my brother and I actually had more fun, cuz we could tell eachother that we were smarter than other kids at school because we knew the real truth about santa. :woohoo1: And my parents still stuffed our stockings and everything so we really didn't miss all that much of Christmas compared to other kids. If I ever have kids I think that I will follow my folks example. Yeah everyone thinks youre weird, and you do take a lot of flak, but in the long run I'd rather have my kids always trust what I tell them.

+1 to this. Why would kids believe what you teach them about God if you lied to them about Santa and the Easter bunny?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My sister-in-law is extremely religious and won't let my nephews celebrate Halloween. I found this out when I asked my nephew what he was going to dress up as. His response made me want to vomit, "I can't dress up for Halloween because Jesus will get mad at me." Oh yeah, she doesn't let them believe in Santa Claus either.

My view is life is hard enough. Let kids be kids. Soon enough they'll grow up and experience the misery and pain and BS life inflicts on us all on a daily basis. Don't rob them of their childhood. Of course, we don't have any kids, so what the hell do I know?

JB, Even though I said to burn you at the stake, it was meant in jest, and I agree, let the kids be kids!!!!! Nothing against your sister I don't know her, but I've known others like her, and I suggest a shrink, before the kids growup and need one!!!

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing against your sister I don't know her, but I've known others like her, and I suggest a shrink, before the kids growup and need one!!!

All kidding aside, if JB's sister loves her children and provides all their needs then she doesn't need anything. I have teenagers that work for me that are paying for the electric and water bill for their parents. Sad situation for sure and you are suggesting a shrink over Halloween issue? My goodness why don't we just let the government tell us what to celebrate and when.

Latest posts

Top Bottom