Do You Have a Glock 43? Why Not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
All the cool kids are getting them.

As am I! I desperately need more cool points. I was leaning towards the Ruger LC9s mostly due to capacity but once I found out you could change the baseplate on the 43 mags to get another round or two (depending on the baseplate) that pretty much sealed the deal for me. I want a slender carry for those days when my regular carry (CZ RAMI BD) is just a bit too bulky. Also, this will be my first Glock! So, that's pretty cool, I guess. :D

Thoughts on the Glock 43? Glocks in general? What's your favorite ice cream? I like Pralines and Cream. Mmmmmmmm

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was going to get one. . .I *wanted* to get one. But then I got to thinking: What question do I have that the G43 solves? I couldn't find a question other than "Do I have a G43 in the safe?"

My whole clothing line is built around OWB strong side carry. Suit? I've got a jacket. Sunday-go-to-meeting? I'm wearing a jacket. Daily dress? I'm wearing a cover shirt.

All that plus the fact that it has lower capacity than a Shield made me decide not to spend the $ on it. I *do* like the way it shoots. . surprisingly comfortable for me. I just can't make my "want" overcome my lack of "need" for this thing.

I even tried to justify it by saying I could throw it in a GHB. . .but anywhere I could put a 43 I could put a 19 and have 3 times the capacity.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was going to get one. . .I *wanted* to get one. But then I got to thinking: What question do I have that the G43 solves? I couldn't find a question other than "Do I have a G43 in the safe?"

My whole clothing line is built around OWB strong side carry. Suit? I've got a jacket. Sunday-go-to-meeting? I'm wearing a jacket. Daily dress? I'm wearing a cover shirt.

All that plus the fact that it has lower capacity than a Shield made me decide not to spend the $ on it. I *do* like the way it shoots. . surprisingly comfortable for me. I just can't make my "want" overcome my lack of "need" for this thing.

I even tried to justify it by saying I could throw it in a GHB. . .but anywhere I could put a 43 I could put a 19 and have 3 times the capacity.

All valid points. For me, I know I will carry more if I have a slender frame. So it'll be better for me in that regard. Some bullets are better than no bullets.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Glock 43. It is my carry gun probably 90% of the time now. I really like that Specially Select brand of chocolate ice cream from Aldi best of all ice creams there are, for now, anyway. I can hit the big targets with it (the Glock 43, not the ice cream) most of the time if it 's hanging up purty close to me, you know, so I can "adjust" the holes and stuff. It shoots great; much better than the Shield does for me. The Shield felt like it was gonna squirt up outtta my hand when I'd shoot it, like a banana sort of, when you're making a banana split. If I didn't shoot it, it was fine, but then after much consideration, I came to the conclusion that I needed to shoot it some so I sold the thing. I make a lumpy sort of milkshake with milk almost every night. I like 'em lumpy, ya know, better than all blended and smooth...Don't get me wrong, I'm purty smart, I don't mean to start a caliber thing so if you like the Shield, then okay. My second favorite is the Specially Select brand of vanilla ice cream, also from Aldi. Believe it or not, Walgreens makes some dang good ice creams too, if you don't believe me, try it. I dare you. They don't have a gun buster sign on their door so when I go in there all undercover and surreptitious and like with my Glock 43, they don't care, as long as I buy ice cream anyway I guess. I don't remember if I went there when I had a Shield so I couldn't tell ya. YMMV.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a Glock 43. It is my carry gun probably 90% of the time now. I really like that Specially Select brand of chocolate ice cream from Aldi best of all ice creams there are, for now, anyway. I can hit the big targets with it (the Glock 43, not the ice cream) most of the time if it 's hanging up purty close to me, you know, so I can "adjust" the holes and stuff. It shoots great; much better than the Shield does for me. The Shield felt like it was gonna squirt up outtta my hand when I'd shoot it, like a banana sort of, when you're making a banana split. If I didn't shoot it, it was fine, but then after much consideration, I came to the conclusion that I needed to shoot it some so I sold the thing. I make a lumpy sort of milkshake with milk almost every night. I like 'em lumpy, ya know, better than all blended and smooth...Don't get me wrong, I'm purty smart, I don't mean to start a caliber thing so if you like the Shield, then okay. My second favorite is the Specially Select brand of vanilla ice cream, also from Aldi. Believe it or not, Walgreens makes some dang good ice creams too, if you don't believe me, try it. I dare you. They don't have a gun buster sign on their door so when I go in there all undercover and surreptitious and like with my Glock 43, they don't care, as long as I buy ice cream anyway I guess. I don't remember if I went there when I had a Shield so I couldn't tell ya. YMMV.

LOL well done! I'm going to Aldi after work. Must try the chocolate Specially Select! Yeah, that Shield... I just don't like it either. Obviously a great gun but just not digging it. Thanks for the input!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But you can't hardly find a P7 but dang if you go to Aldi you can get some goooood ice cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom