Do you label your mags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I label my competition mags with different color stickers. I can go through a stage and quickly see the color to identify that magazine even while running a stage.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I number mine with a silver sharpie
It helps to know which magazine was in use, in case of a malfunction

Same here.

it also helps me keep track of which mags are mine when I'm at the range with friends. We own some of the same guns so keeping magazines straight is important.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a white out pen.

Initials on the side of the mag, numbers on the base plate. Carry mags have a "C" on the base plate as well as a number.

I like having my initials on there especially when in classes where alot of people are shooting the same type of gun.

Wes Kenney

Marksman
Reaction score
When I got my new XD(m), I colored the engravings on the slide with a white crayon, following the procedure I had seen described on the XD Talk forum. I loved the look of it, and while I had the crayons out, I did my magazines, one red, the other blue, so that if one malfunctioned, I could note which it was. Turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself:

ai928.photobucket.com_albums_ad121_weskenney_IMGP1853.jpg

Serenity Bushcraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I number each magazine that I own. I use model paint or nail polish. This way I can track malfunctions and fix or discard a magazine that is prone to failure. If it is not good enough to trust your life to it then destroy the magazine..........period. Train with what you carry so that you know it works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom