It's time to remove my wedding ring.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a strong endorsement of it's reliability, I wonder if Gerber makes one?
Rings are a great deal thicker than bands, in my experience. My first wedding ring was 6mm wide by about 3mm thick. In white gold. That little nub in the photo wasn't nearly thick or strong enough to cut that. I'm thinking they meant banding like is used on boxes. Even steel banding is pretty thin, usually under 1mm. I've cut that with scissors a couple of times.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rings are a great deal thicker than bands, in my experience. My first wedding ring was 6mm wide by about 3mm thick. In white gold. That little nub in the photo wasn't nearly thick or strong enough to cut that. I'm thinking they meant banding like is used on boxes. Even steel banding is pretty thin, usually under 1mm. I've cut that with scissors a couple of times.
1713820669593.png

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best prevention is never have a ring to wear. Been married since 1989 and never had a wedding ring.
1974 first time, 1982 the 2nd, and only a six-week break in between. Closing on 42 years with second (numerically only) wife, 8 years with the initial starter wife. Both of them at least knew that wearing a ring was likely to get me hurt or killed. Ex was also an aircraft mechanic when we married.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's off, but the band nipper broke on the Leatherman Raptor. I guess I didn't know my own strength.
You haven't finished yet even though the ring is off. Now you have to send the tool back to Leatherman for replacement. They'll take about 3 weeks and you'll have a new Leatherman tool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom