Do you shoot? Do you run? Both?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Run? Shoot? Both? Neither?

• Total voters

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you said both, you should come to the Thunderbird Run 'n Gun.

If you just shoot and don't run, you should come to the Thunderbird Run 'n Gun, and see why you need to be in the above category!

If you answered too old and/or fat, you should come to the Thunderbird Run 'n Gun and get an idea of how long you can expect to survive if you ever have to go Second Amendment!

Check out the thread on the Thunderbird Run 'n Gun here: https://www.okshooters.com/showthre...-n-Gun-July-13-2013-do-you-have-what-it-takes

Or our website here: www.okrunngun.com

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There's already a couple signed up that I know. I'm not too worried - they can be beat....
My lovely wife will be preparing hot dogs with chili...I do recommend not eating until after the run, however...

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A buddy of mine and I signed up. We're both trying to lose weight and we're using this as motivation to get in shape. I've challenged myself to lose 40 pounds by then, which is doable I think.

On a side note, when I paid, the crappy payment system sent my confirmation email to one that is on my paypal account, but no longer active. Hopefully I didn't need that....

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
That sounds really good shoot. I'll have to find a really light weight rifle to offset the weight of my AED and 02 bottle:D But in all seriousness, it's sounds like a blast!

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, no special categories... just show up and see how you do. Some people get competitive and really "game" it, others just do it as a test of their own abilities and are only competing with themselves. At other run 'n gun events I've been to, there are plenty who just walk the whole thing and whose goal is just to finish. They have just as much fun as everybody else.

n8thegr8, these run 'n gun events are a great motivation to stay in running shape. Going to the Pecos Run 'n Gun last year was the only reason I got back into running. It turns out running isn't very fun... I had to combine it with an activity I actually enjoy, and a practical purpose, to motivate me enough to do it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom