Do you shoot? Do you run? Both?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Run? Shoot? Both? Neither?

• Total voters

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought this setup for the wife to run and I really like it. I'm thinking about getting rid of my APC and picking up another one. This setup with a belt holster for your pistol and hydro carrier would be a nice minimalist setup.

http://www.hsgi.us/proddetail.php?prod=HSG-DDTCombo&cat=46

Also, something that really hasn't been mentioned is knee/elbow protection. I don't know about everyone else, but I will definitely be running some knee pads. I've found out the hard way that they are very necessary. I've been running these and really like them:

http://www.skdtac.com/Alta-Superflex-Knee-Pads-p/alt.602.htm

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would I need knee pads? (almost afraid to ask)

I don't know what the terrain is like out there, but crawling around, especially shooting the lower holes on the VTAC board will eat up your knees. Better safe, then sorry. Knee injuries suck. Coming down on a sharp rock or stick will ruin your day quick. $22 is it worth it to me, to avoid an injury.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what the terrain is like out there, but crawling around, especially shooting the lower holes on the VTAC board will eat up your knees. Better safe, then sorry. Knee injuries suck. Coming down on a sharp rock or stick will ruin your day quick. $22 is it worth it to me, to avoid an injury.

you wont be sorry bringing them. Im still debating it. I may just have to pad some ACUs, if they weren't so ugly.

htownfister

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be running a knee pad as well. Figure at some point I will be either taking a breather and getting on one knee or if a kneeling shot is required. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe the event registration is full at this time but you can register for the backup notification list as a fill-in for when people drop. I did this on the first day it was available and I have yet to be notified.

Ek

Damn I was just debating doing this with the voices in my head.

If you run a drop leg rig and aren't accustomed to tightening that sucker almost to the point of blood circulation cutoff you might want to start practicing with it.

Chest rig with pistol mag pouces on molle gear, hydration pack, dump pouch and drop leg thigh rig. Trained with and tested. These sound like fun events.

photo.jpg

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I already signed up. Will wear my Palm chest rig, magpuls, and AR15 and Serpa for G17. Plus camelbak pack. Whick I need to test on the rifle shoot. Now if I could only run 2 miles. I've dropped 12-13lbs. but I am still too heavy. 5+ more weeks to prepare. It will be fun!

Latest posts

Top Bottom