Do you shoot? Do you run? Both?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Run? Shoot? Both? Neither?

• Total voters

heat-ar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On these run and gun events do we know before hand how far out the targets will be for the hand gun course and the rifle course? Not that it matters i already sigh up but just curious.

kerryt1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All signed up. Anyone have a recommendation on a good best to carry my mags? My competition belt probably isn't suited for this much running. It might pull my pants down or worse off.

There is some discussion in the other thread about it. Right now I'm leaning toward putting everything but my pistol on a chest rig (non-plate carrying type). I haven't found my info online about what people are using.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the cool things about run 'n gun is seeing what gear everybody uses. There is always quite a variety. I just use an old surplus ALICE web belt with a couple M-16 mag pouches. They are pretty cheap at the Army surplus store, and they work. I also got a Bladetech Revolution holster and double mag holder to put on it.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If any body is planning on running the course with a 7.62x39 gun, and you are around the okc area please contact me via pm. I have something for you.

offer accepted. no longer available

Last edited:

RatTerrier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All signed up. Anyone have a recommendation on a good best to carry my mags? My competition belt probably isn't suited for this much running. It might pull my pants down or worse off.

There is some discussion in the other thread about it. Right now I'm leaning toward putting everything but my pistol on a chest rig (non-plate carrying type). I haven't found my info online about what people are using.

A load bearing vest with a military belt would be a good to keep from having the pants around your ankles. The older ones are set up with 2 grenade pouches and 4 double mag AR pouches which would hold enough ammo for the event. Then you could run a shoulder holster for the side arm to help keep the pants from dropping as well. And a medium ALICE pack with a camel pack in it wouldn't be a bad idea for a cheap throw it together rig for this event. The frame on the ALICE pack would keep it off your back a little bit to help with air circulation on your back side as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom