Do you wear a watch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wore a watch for over 50 years. I stopped when I retired, just use the cell phone or the position of the sun. I can tell if it is day or night that way, ha ha. I do wear this one for a fashion statement every once in a while.

IMAG0370.jpg

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The trouble I have is that wrist watches simply do not last very long for me...regardless of price. Hell, I tore up a freakin' Breitling in under 90 days.:censored:

For those who do not know me, I'm notoriously hard on equipment...
;)

My friends nicknamed me 'Murphy" for a reason and I haven't broken my daily wear watch. That includes taking it to combat too.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
For business wear daily, either a gold Rolex Submariner with a blue face or a gold Cartier Baloon Bleu. When I am going out in the country either a steel and gold or solid stainless steel Rolex Submariner.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not since long before I retired. Someone always told me where and when to go anyway. Last year someone told me the end time was near so I strapped one on but gave up after a day or two.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since my gun purchases limit my watch purchases, I have only one watch - a good one - and it'll last me the rest of my life, and I do wear it every day, all day. It's an MTM stainless Special Ops like you see in most of the gun rags. It wasn't cheap, but it's built like a tank, and only needs recharging once evry 4 to 6 months, depending how often I use the light feature. Though it was expensive, it has already saved me money when you figure how often I was replacing cheap watches.

My cell phone has a clock feature, but it is too time consuming to yank it out of its holster and press a key to illuminate the dial and make it readable. (It's an old Nokia 5190, works like a champ, doesn't have GPS, won't even take pictures, won't access the internet, and I refuse to replace it for all those reasons.)

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom