Dodge says V-8 era is ending.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ford and Toyota are saying the days of the V8 are over as well. Six bangers with superchargers can generate the same HP and torque as a V8 for the most part.
I'll miss that throaty roar from the engine if that ever happens.
I believe my cousins 2018 F150 Platinum has a four cylinder twin turbo that has well over 400 HP. My F150 has the 5.0. Wouldn’t have it any other way. I don’t want the EcoBoost engine. My gas mileage sucks though. I get on average in town around 13-15. And I don’t floor it. It my tank holds a little over 35 gallons which lasts me a month. I filled up yesterday and it cost me $95.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Toyota has said that by 2025 all of their vehicles will be either a hybrid or all electric.

I figure within the next 10 years most vehicles on the road will be electric.

Battery disposal and or recycling will be the big down side.

That was 2017 when they announced that, and they've come off of that considerably.

Toyota will release 15 new electric vehicles by 2025 - The Verge

2025 is 4.5 years away. The technology is going to have to get a lot better real quick.

Setting arbitrary and capricious goals is really something I've never understood.

I still have the one question that has yet to be answered, where is all this stored electricity going to come from?

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was 2017 when they announced that, and they've come off of that considerably.

Toyota will release 15 new electric vehicles by 2025 - The Verge

2025 is 4.5 years away. The technology is going to have to get a lot better real quick.

Setting arbitrary and capricious goals is really something I've never understood.

I still have the one question that has yet to be answered, where is all this stored electricity going to come from?

The tech is constantly evolving and at a fast pace.

Toyota has a good line up of hybrid or electric vehicles

Camry
Highlander
Prius
Avalon
RAV4
Corrola

are all offered as either hybrid or total electric

Few more models and the entire line up is at least hybrid

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never heard anything about what happens to the used up EV batteries ? What is the cost of getting rid of them in a way that doesn't hurt the environment ?

Why are you trying to complicate things? EVs are good. That's really all you need to know. Don't get bogged down in the details about recycling, damage to planet in mining the materials or coal fired electricity to charge them. That will all get worked out if we just charge forward, don't worry.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cars have been built as disposable pieces of equipment for quite a while. They definitely arent of an heirloom quality since maybe the early 2000's at the latest depending on manufacturer. Id be impressed with anyone that could maintain a fully functional modern car for 30 years, the electronics are just not supported long enough for that kind of thing anymore and it requires a lot of expertise and some special equipment to try to recreate a device such as a window switch or door lock solenoid that will function on a CANbus network like the original part much less a BCM. There also hasn't been a trend of aftermarket mfg's jumping in to fill this particular void.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why are you trying to complicate things? EVs are good. That's really all you need to know. Don't get bogged down in the details about recycling, damage to planet in mining the materials or coal fired electricity to charge them. That will all get worked out if we just charge forward, don't worry.

switch to sodium batteries and it’s a different game

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depending on how well Ford's new electric F150 does will probably set the stage with every other truck maker. Personally, I wouldn't want to sit abound for 40 min to an hour recharging a battery after a 250 mile drive with a trailer. I don't believe this state or the country has the infrastructure to keep vast numbers of electric vehicles charged and moving cross country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom