Dodge says V-8 era is ending.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe my cousins 2018 F150 Platinum has a four cylinder twin turbo that has well over 400 HP. My F150 has the 5.0. Wouldn’t have it any other way. I don’t want the EcoBoost engine. My gas mileage sucks though. I get on average in town around 13-15. And I don’t floor it. It my tank holds a little over 35 gallons which lasts me a month. I filled up yesterday and it cost me $95.
My 7.3 gasser in the F-250 is capable of over 1000 hp with a Whipple supercharger. Over 900 lbs of torque.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The major difference in EV vs ICEVs is the amount of carbon emissions depending on various factors like how the electricity is produced, but it’s anywhere from 18-80% less carbon over the vehicles lifetime.

There are and will be more solutions to recycling and recovering the materials in the batteries, just give it time.
What about the carbon emissions needed to produce a battery? Lots of mining, transportation, smelting, and petroleum to make the plastic cases they are in.
Similar to the libs green energy deal with wind farms. There will never be a single wind turbine win over the carbon emissions that it took to build and install them.
It's all a unicorn thing just like making high speed rail which is another liberal dream. They only want it on the east coast so they can get to work in the capital fleecing us from our tax dollars quicker.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The douchebags destroying the country couldn’t maintain electricity or natural gas during a week long winter blast, yet somehow the gird will support millions of new electrics in four years.......right.:blah::blah::blah::blah:
Well, you could have a solar panel the size of a football field at home so you don't need those pesky power plants that can never recover the carbon required to build, transport, and install them.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about the carbon emissions needed to produce a battery? Lots of mining, transportation, smelting, and petroleum to make the plastic cases they are in.
Similar to the libs green energy deal with wind farms. There will never be a single wind turbine win over the carbon emissions that it took to build and install them.
It's all a unicorn thing just like making high speed rail which is another liberal dream. They only want it on the east coast so they can get to work in the capital fleecing us from our tax dollars quicker.

The big difference there is though, after finalizing a product, the emissions reach their end in renewability where as fossil fuels still require further burning to produce the energy. I know you won't take my word for it, and most likely won't believe every scientific journal that has written on the topic, but the average windmill, at 90 times less emission per kwh, pays back the carbon footprint of manufacture, transport, and construction within it's first year. Most of which hit that point in 3-9 months.

They may sell it to a discerning public as the green alternative, but it's a wolf in sheep's clothing. EV's, renewables, etc... are less to do with saving the earth and more to do with a 21st century energy boom. No different than the 1900's oil booms. There's a decent record of people talking about how motor carriages would never replace horse and rail. It's odd how things are so cyclical over the years.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The big difference there is though, after finalizing a product, the emissions reach their end in renewability where as fossil fuels still require further burning to produce the energy. I know you won't take my word for it, and most likely won't believe every scientific journal that has written on the topic, but the average windmill, at 90 times less emission per kwh, pays back the carbon footprint of manufacture, transport, and construction within it's first year. Most of which hit that point in 3-9 months.

They may sell it to a discerning public as the green alternative, but it's a wolf in sheep's clothing. EV's, renewables, etc... are less to do with saving the earth and more to do with a 21st century energy boom. No different than the 1900's oil booms. There's a decent record of people talking about how motor carriages would never replace horse and rail. It's odd how things are so cyclical over the years.
Obviously I read papers that research "green" energy differently.
Current "science" is hyper political. It has little to do with science of old. Think Covid-19.
They get their money from politicians. Don't agree with their politics and your funding dries up almost instantly. Your science must follow the political winds to maintain your job.
Personally, I'd love to see a non political method of funding scientist so they didn't have the political pressures tugging at their wallets or purses. Is that even possible? I don't see it personally as the politicians would appoint the oversight committee.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Obviously I read papers that research "green" energy differently.
Current "science" is hyper political. It has little to do with science of old. Think Covid-19.
They get their money from politicians. Don't agree with their politics and your funding dries up almost instantly. Your science must follow the political winds to maintain your job.
Personally, I'd love to see a non political method of funding scientist so they didn't have the political pressures tugging at their wallets or purses. Is that even possible? I don't see it personally as the politicians would appoint the oversight committee.

Yep. Sure is wild times we live in.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s the same with modern high efficiency appliances from what I’ve experienced. I love the fact that the are more energy efficient, but they are beyond the average homeowners to repair and the manufacturer stops supporting the product after 6-8 years. Meanwhile, I’ve got an old pair of Amana washer and dryer that just won’t quit.

People are getting fed up with the short term obsolescence and proprietary parts that make things difficult or unaffordable to repair. Some places are going as far as passing Right to Repair laws.

I purchased a new washer/dryer set in January. I went with Speed Queen, TC5000 classic. Has a actual transmission, can set water levels, is user friendly if a belt needs replacement, simple dials no electronic key pad with one exception the start button is a touch one. Other than that its a basic washer thats built like a tank and runs.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My 7.3 gasser in the F-250 is capable of over 1000 hp with a Whipple supercharger. Over 900 lbs of torque.
I've been looking at used SRW F350 and F250 4x4 CCLB 7.3l gas, dang, the used truck market is crazy high, almost as bad as the new prices lol. Pretty sure I could sell my 2012 F350 CCLB 4x4 with180k miles for more than what I paid for it in 2016 with 56k miles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom