Does anyone carry with FMJ bullets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What type of ammo do you use in you CCW?

• FMJ

Votes: 47 11.6%
  • JHP

Votes: 358 88.4%

• Total voters

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Kel-Tec 32 has a problem with a lot of JHP loads. They are too short for the mag. & can rim lock.
This is where the rim of the upper round can get behind the lower one. This is a bad thing & could get you killed.
I think FMJ is best in this gun.
I'd use another gun....
:anyone:

It looks like we may all be carrying hardball if Federal has its way. Here is an excerpt from an email I received from Tactical Defense Solutions today.

"Were heading to S.H.O.T this year (we have no choice) to try to find new distributors who can supply what we need. I have a meeting with Federal reps over the new policy that threatens to cut everyone out of the ammo - Federal refuses to ship HST, HydraShok, Gold Dot 50 round boxes, even Speer Lawman hardball to distributors and dealers.
In order to buy this ammo a department P.O. has to go directly to Federal and they will ship to the department.

The top volume distributor in the US has multiple millions in this ammo stuck on the shelf afraid to ship for fear of loosing their Federal distributor status.

If this stands, there will be none of this ammo available to individual officers and definitely not law abiding citizens."

It looks like Federal is already positioning for the new administration.
Note, this is only for the 50rd Boxes.
Most companies offer the 50rd boxes to LE....nothing new there.
This has been true of the Gold Dots,Golden Sabers,Rangers,etc.

It's a pricing issue.

Well that's just one ammo company so far.

Suffice it to say, I will not by ANY Federal ammo now that I've read that, and I suggest all self-respecting firearms owners do the same, to send them the message that if they won't stand up for our rights, we won't fund them. Let's see if government contracts alone are enough to keep them afloat...
That also includes CCI/Speer since they are owned by the same company...
They still sell JHPs in 20-25rd boxes to non LE.

What about JSP's would they not be a compromise between FMJ's an JHP's?

No, they are very poor expanders.
JHP is simply the best way to go in a defensive pistol when the intended target has two legs...

T.R.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Note, this is only for the 50rd Boxes.
Most companies offer the 50rd boxes to LE....nothing new there.
This has been true of the Gold Dots,Golden Sabers,Rangers,etc.

It's a pricing issue.

Correct, but I have never seen any Federal HST in anything other than the fifty round boxes marked as law enforcement ammo. I've seen plenty of Hydra shock in twenty round boxes, but no HST. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

rcnich

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I watch shows like "First 48" it seems like the thugs are using FMJ.

There's the problem with your question. Since when did a television show - even a "documentary" style show - get much of anything right.

FMJ is probably the most common (and cheap) bullet type. Easy availability may have a lot to do with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom