Does the term COMPETITION or MATCH scare you out of playing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bk2X

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't yet. I talked with my buddy about it cause he has all the necessary guns and talked about shooting one soon. I only have a bone stock ar-15 but have a few different shotguns. Eventually, I will check more into it. Like all these matches, I feel like I am disadvantaged by shooting stock guns so I was planning on buying an STI and decking it out first then dive into the guns for 3 gun matches.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't yet. I talked with my buddy about it cause he has all the necessary guns and talked about shooting one soon. I only have a bone stock ar-15 but have a few different shotguns. Eventually, I will check more into it. Like all these matches, I feel like I am disadvantaged by shooting stock guns so I was planning on buying an STI and decking it out first then dive into the guns for 3 gun matches.

There is a lot to learn in 3 gun. The sooner you start shooting the sooner you will know what you need/want. Bring your bone stock guns and start learning. Next event is on the 17th. Holler if you have questions or need gear. I have 2-3 of everything.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just saw that there is Steel Challenge in Ada (about 3 miles from my house actually) and I've never shot a match. I guess I need to get my arse in gear.

I would HIGHLY recommend the match at Ada. I've shot it a couple of times and those guys are a RIOT to shoot with. TON of fun!! You won't be disappointed!!

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just saw that there is Steel Challenge in Ada (about 3 miles from my house actually) and I've never shot a match. I guess I need to get my arse in gear.

I shot my first SC event a few weeks back up at OKCGC shooting rimfire pistol. Had a great time. Plan is to run down to Duncan this Saturday the 9th and shoot in the SCRAP SC.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that the term competition or even match scares a lot of would be shooters from joining us at the fun organized shootings events. So from this day forward I am going to call everything an organized shooting event rather than a match or a competition.

What do you think?

I don't really get scared by the terminology, what scares me is watching you and Ol'Yeller beat the pants off me every darn time we shoot at Heartland! BUT I feel like I am getting better at it, and becoming more confident with my carry weapon. The scores will take care of themselves with time and practice. I am looking forward to the next Heartland shoot so I can prove that theory. Cheers.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do think it scares a lot of people. Those of us who shoot or have shot a match know that it should not but it just does. Lots of people are afraid of getting laughed at or of looking like a fool. They just don't understand how helpful everyone is till they come out. Very seldom do I talk anyone into "shooting" their first time. Almost everyone wants to watch and just see what it is like. We all know they would have lots more fun if they just shot.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't really get scared by the terminology, what scares me is watching you and Ol'Yeller beat the pants off me every darn time we shoot at Heartland! BUT I feel like I am getting better at it, and becoming more confident with my carry weapon. The scores will take care of themselves with time and practice. I am looking forward to the next Heartland shoot so I can prove that theory. Cheers.

Dude,
You know how much time and money Ive put into shooting? Its my life. If you had the means and/or time and/or desire, I have no doubt that youd be right there with us. Theres no magic involved, Im not particularly talented, just trigger time and good practice.:)

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it scares a lot of people. Look at all the fools on this forum with all their fancy guns and all they want to do is talk about ****ing cheeze its in general discussion instead of talking about shooting or what they learned at the range that day/weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom