Donatos Pizza is in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Donatos tasted like arcade pizza to me… reviews aren’t great either, but clearly some like it. Ymmv.
Woodward is great pizza for deep dish! Pricey though. Empire is good too, pretty close to NY style, but a little more quality than NY, and I say that with love. There’s a joint on North May, don’t recall the name, that uses a water filtration system to replicate NY water for their crust. It does taste a lot like NY pizza, but I think they over did it a little. Nothing is as good as the real thing, but it’s all pretty close.
You’re right, Woodward is pretty dang expensive. I forgot about that.

I’m a bit disappointed with Empire recently, I feel like their quality has gone down a lot the past year or two. Their mushroom pizza is amazing though, and probably the only vegetarian pizza I’ll order.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just commented on the fried chicken thread and thought I'd do everyone a big favor. I've moved around my whole career in the aerospace industry. I have never found pizza anywhere to be as good as what I grew up with in the midwest. Well now that I've settled down here my dreams have come true. I went to Donatos for lunch yesterday and it made me very happy. I'm told more are coming to OKC and Tulsa. Try it. You'll like it.
we will try it

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Hideaways fried mushrooms are awesome. I wish we had a true deep dish Chicago style pizza place here.

Everytime I go to OKC area I stop at a Hideaway. Usually the one in Edmond. Fried mushrooms and the Cimmaron Pizza are my go to… even though it messes with my bowels something awful I don’t care.

Empire Slice House is good too.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I lived in the apartments right across the back alley from there my last year before graduating in '86. Would occasionally get a "dead pie" for free - called in but not picked up kinda deal.

IIRC the Hideaway in Stillwater has nothing to do with the others in the state right? They’re not part of the franchise I thought.

I could be wrong though

Latest posts

Top Bottom