Dove 14'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all are slaying them! Surely you are getting behind on food plots and feeders, spending all your time shootin birds. I've had PLENTY of time to work on deer stands and feeders, since we only have 14 dove in all of Push Co. Have noticed a few more coming through, maybe I can down enough this weekend to make some appetizers. Unfortunately my ol lady loves dove, so I have to share whatever I kill.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Y'all are slaying them! Surely you are getting behind on food plots and feeders, spending all your time shootin birds. I've had PLENTY of time to work on deer stands and feeders, since we only have 14 dove in all of Push Co. Have noticed a few more coming through, maybe I can down enough this weekend to make some appetizers. Unfortunately my ol lady loves dove, so I have to share whatever I kill.

Behind on everything is an understatement, good times with the kids and friends though.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way to go Okie & Dennis, great pics and looks like fun times, those kids of yours are having a heck of a dove season! I see dove all around the house, need to get out to farm and see whats going on out there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis, Okie so how many did you guys get with them double smoke poles. Lots of fun but its hell tring to reload fast

Took mine out opening day, and killed 4 with 4 shots. Got into a conversation while loading, and when I checked my witness mark on the ram rod, saw an over charge or something.

Put it aside and used the Citori for the rest of the morning.

Found out one or two of the powder cards had turned sideways while pushing it in. Better safe than sorry.

Patterned great with the reclaimed lead shot I used. Mix of #9 through #6 shot. Haven't had it back out since. I'm going a couple of times more, so I'll probably take it out again. You sure get dirty shooting them! :D

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I think I was 4/6 or 4/7, naturally, had it along the evening that I saw probably the least number of birds. It patterns really tight IMO, even with the I/C chokes, couple of the one I knocked down were pretty torn up and still 35ish yards out there. Fun time, except for when I would dump shot straight into my powder, forgetting over powder wad.........tip over and dump out, start over...............birds fluttering over head the whole time, lol! Used no 11 caps with no issues, had to squeeze them a bit though.

Bought 200 steel shot wads, duck season is close!!

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had some steel wads did i not give them to you? I'll look if I do you guys are welcome to them

we used them to hunt ducks rabbits what ever the few times we took them out, we really didn't have a duck hole but jumped them now & then out at canton.

Latest posts

Top Bottom