Dove Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone take a trip out to check the bird numbers?

I plan to head out to Lexington in the morning to see if there is any action. Usually there are only a few birds, so I am planning on heading to Mt. Park

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Heading out Saturday morning with a large group of guys. I will report back but the guys in the area already said they are thick. We will see......

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems the doves at Lex are scattered. The plots aren't hard to get to, but there's just so many people out there. Any teal hitting the water at Lexington?

goosedestroyer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This week I've scouted at two different public locations: The first one public, found a fair number Doves (used to be pretty a lot doves last year and two years ago) and the other location saw more resident canada geese than dove and a few teals. Also I got a report from a friend said that one of those public in Northwest Okla. is LOADED with doves.

donokc

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't waste the time at Lexington if I were you. Take a little drive to Hackberry Flat out west of Lawton and you may have better time there. I used to go there every year and had some fun time. I'm going out to Tuttle with a couple friend Sunday (got to work Sat.)

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm sure Hackberry Flat is going to be a nightmare.

Davs - my mom lives in Altus, so I thought about hitting up Mt Park as well. Do they have many plots set up?

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lexington only has local birds, none migrate through, so the birds become educated by 7:32am September 1st or they are dead. I'm still going to Lex simply so I can take my wife and not have to hire a babysitter for an entire day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom