Dove Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still dream about going to Venezuela and fishing for Peacock Bass but, I guess that's all it ever will be - just a dream....

I've made the trip to Venezuela for the Peacock bass thing. Pretty scary in the 80's, and I'm sure its worse now with Chavez in power.

The company I worked for opened up a business there to manfacture drill bits for oil drilling. We moved a product line there to save shipping costs, and I had to go down to assemble, start, and train on the machines. At the time, foreign folks were being kidnapped and held for ransom.
My personal guards were very good about taking different routes to work, and we moved rooms daily.
Long story short, we went up a river on a weekend. The boat operator slowed and went to the bank twice. A uniformed guy would come out of the jungle, and take an envelope.

Found out it was rouge military units that demanded bribes to go upriver.
Strange story, but true.
We caught peacock bass up to 12 pounds. I couldn't believe how hard they fought. It was a great experience, but I wouldn't do it now.

I've heard that peacock bass have been illegally transplanted into the canals around Miami Fla. Watched a fishing show awhile back that showed them catching the fish.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OSA Group Dove Hunt 2013?
Did some internet scouting for us today, not sure if we could make it to Argentina before tomorrow morning, but it looks like it might be worth a try:D

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_Argentina_Peta.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
scouted 130 acres of cut milo and wheat stubble last friday. surprisingly few birds for that field. should be like flys but only saw 15-20. i thnk i'll go to the lake and try hunting monday!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
CCshooter you beat us by an hour!:) Thanks to justin_h635's friday evening's scouting, we had a good hunt with three limits. My cousin got in on a shoot as well, he takes off for Afganistan this week.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_2029_1346514705944.jpg

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_44132_1346514773037.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom