Dove Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was up on 146th St west of 75 a little bit. Quite a few birds and several guys got their limit but I was just not in a good spot and only got 7 birds. My son-in -law did manage to get a couple on his first ever hunt of any kind.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There were about 20 of us this morning and we slayed them for the most part. Birds were still flying when we stopped hunting. Only problem is I had a bad box of shells because the birds weren't falling like they should have been.....ya it was for sure a bad box of shells.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't hunt the main section of Lexington because I had my wife with me and didn't want her to get "rained on." Saw about 6 birds by 8:00 and didn't want to burn her out, so we went to the range and shot some skeet instead. We did see 2 horses free-roaming on the public land however....weird.

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I didn't hunt the main section of Lexington because I had my wife with me and didn't want her to get "rained on." Saw about 6 birds by 8:00 and didn't want to burn her out, so we went to the range and shot some skeet instead. We did see 2 horses free-roaming on the public land however....weird.

That's disappointing, but not really unexpected, about the dove. Tomorrow afternoon will likely be the only opportunity I'll get to go out this season since I work two jobs and go to school. Was hoping it'd be good, but not sounding like it will be.

Interesting about the horses. I wonder if they escaped during the wildfires and were just never re-captured.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody have a report from Hackberry..? I drove down there a few years ago late in the season just to see what it looked like. Everybody had already turned their wheat under.

Generally speaking, can anybody comment on hunting Hackberry a couple weeks after the opener..? If it stays hot this week, won't that help keep the birds around.?

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a little slower this morning but I managed to kill 7. Only took 14 shells, which was a good average for me when it comes to dove.

Latest posts

Top Bottom