Dove Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also I got a report from a friend said that one of those public in Northwest Okla. is LOADED with doves.

Ten days ago this was true. Crazy dove numbers on several WMA's in the NW part of the state. Food was sparse on all WMA's I looked at though.

Scouting the last few days has not turned up much. My guess is that the lack of food and the couple of strong cold fronts over the last few weeks has sent them packing. My guess is the Hackberry/Mountain Park areas will have a pretty good opener.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure Hackberry Flat is going to be a nightmare.

Davs - my mom lives in Altus, so I thought about hitting up Mt Park as well. Do they have many plots set up?

There are several good areas out at Mt. Park. Two years ago was great out there. last eyar was horrible becasue of storms that moved through the day before.

Ive hunt lexington several times and its never very productive.

I want to drive out to Mt. Park, but I also want to spend the evening out at the October fest so I was trying to limit my travel time....its hard to fit in all my favorute things. hunting, beer, great German food.

Sooner ATC ill attempt to send you directions to the area we hunt at out at Mt. Park throug IM

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Did some internet scouting for us today, not sure if we could make it to Argentina before tomorrow morning, but it looks like it might be worth a try:D

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_Argentina_Peta.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What time do we leave???

I'm ready if you are....................:) The more I read about these Cordoba hunts, it seems that the dove hunting is just the draw, the real enjoyment is in the accomodations and food. The hunting is good though......................

After 14 hours of shooting, after 14, 250 shells or a shotgun shell fired about every 4 seconds, after seven 20 gauge Beretta shotguns used and after approximately 5,000 shotgun exchanges between Todd and his bird boy Martin, Todd had shot 11,301 dove with Sierra Brava Lodge in Cordoba Argentina. WHAT AN INCREDIBLE EVENT! How many factors have to come together for an event of this magnitude to take place? The weather, the birds, the shooter, the coordination between the shooter and the bird boy, the length of the day, the scouting to find the right field where this can be done are all part of the many factors that go into this gargantuan attempt by any shooting enthusiast.

http://www.argentinadoveshooting.co...nting-articles-dr-todd-white-world-record.php

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have dreamed all my life about going to Argentina on a "dove hunt" or I guess "dove shoot" would be more accurate....

I still dream about going to Venezuela and fishing for Peacock Bass but, I guess that's all it ever will be - just a dream....

Latest posts

Top Bottom