Dove Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got one out here, took only 4 shots. Not seeing as many this year but a doe came within 30 or so yards of me so you know the shooting sucked!

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually go to a friend's farm near Watonga. He said that the previous weekend, birds were everywhere. Opening day, I saw five that would have been shootable if I had been placed in the sun instead of the shade. Never busted a cap except at a few turtles in the pond. Can't figure what has happened. Maybe last weekend's rain?

Saw only three on the drive from OKC ot Watonga, and two of those were big ringnecks in front of a farmhouse.

goosedestroyer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went out to a public in far N.W. Okla by myself. Doves were THICK there. Hunted the same spot yesterday and this morning. It took me less than 3 hours total to bag my two day bag limits and I shoot pretty horrible so I probably have used about 3 boxes of 20ga. shells. Also I was scouting for deer hunting, saw 7 deer. I guess the several hours trip was worth the drive!

Diggerman

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't get to go myself, I was stuck working in Louisiana on storm damage. Both my boys, an uncle and their grandpa did good Saturday morningView attachment 23588 Most of those were eurasian (collared) dove. This afternoon they took a friend and thinned a few more outView attachment 23589. I think I might get out of bed for some of that action tomorrow!:thumbup3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom