Dove Reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CalOkie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Almost forgot we hunted the opener on my friends ranch just east of Langston. We shot 35 birds between 3 hunters and only hunted that afternoon. The following afternoon was a lot slower. I ended up with 5 birds for Sunday afternoon, but had a great time. Still thinking about driving up to Kaw WMA this weekend.

wiley_coyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On saturday I hunted west of Lawton around the small community of Eldorado. The thousands of birds that were there three weeks ago of course were gone. Very small dove numbers remained and they were probably mostly locals. There is no water there eccept for the Red river and a couple of small stagnant creeks. I've been going there annually for a few years and this years opening weekend was by far the worst I've seen. I managed to get 11 birds opening day but never saw flights of more than 6 birds. I did however let 3 birds slip by me. Dove were slow to rise and very intermittent. Need a front from up north to push more down and some good ole rain is much needed there as all the ponds are dry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom