Downtown Tulsa residents concerned about encounters with the homeless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The very best thing the city can do is a create a hostile environment towards homeless encampments and encroachment. It doesn't totally eradicate the problem but it will cause them to go to areas which are more lax and yes the homeless are highly mobile . Moving state to state with the weather and who is giving out the best payola in social programs.
Yeah, that's the best hope for suburbs, I think. Keep it pushed into OKC and Tulsa as best you can. Still too bad. Seems like OKC and Tulsa are hanging on by the short hairs.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder in OK, what percentage of homeless, by choice, do not sleep in a public shelter? In other words, do we have enough beds to house the encampment folks?

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When people really get tired of these monsters...they will have accidents , hopefully fatal or be run out of town like the scum they are...
There have been several of these monsters getting killed recently while walking on our expressways. I was driving on Turner Turnpike one night a couple of weeks ago. One of them was walking on the shoulder, wearing dark pants and a black hoodie.

Another time, also recently, one of them was walking across the BA in traffic, acting like he belonged there.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You ain't seen anything of what it can look like . Travel to the west coast and you'll understand why I said it has to be nipped in the bud. The state of Oregon throws billions at the homeless problem and it only gets worse

Just like at Jelly Stone Park... Don't feed the animals. .

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get into frequent conversations with people about the homeless crowd roaming about here in Tulsa.
Oh, so sad, feeling so sorry for them, giving them cash all the time..
I was in downtown Tulsa every day for seven years from 2013 to 2020.
I have had just about every encounter with these folks you can dream up to include fights,
stalking, gun play etc.
If some of the folks who want to help them so badly had to live with them day after day they would get over the homeless.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder in OK, what percentage of homeless, by choice, do not sleep in a public shelter? In other words, do we have enough beds to house the encampment folks?
Chronic homelessness is almost always due to drug abuse and mental illness. The shelters do kick people out when they abuse the rules(open drug use and fighting). Most prefer to sleep in a tent or in an encampment unless the weather is extreme.
I know John 3:16 in Tulsa allows those willing to enter into their program which is very strict but allows the homeless a chance to become "students" in a tiered system promoting a drug-free lifestyle and helping the jobless find work while living in the shelter. Most "students" are kicked out or leave, but a few are rehabilitated and go on to live normal lives.

Latest posts

Top Bottom