Drawn Hunt Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus Petch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tagged out in Wichita Mountains NWR this morning, Area "C." Used a semi-custom 6.5x55mm Ruger 77 Hawkeye with a handload of a 120-grain Hornady GMX over 43.7 grains RL-17 for a cool 2823 FPS. Great hunt, as always.

20191119_095009.jpg
20191119_084713.jpg
20191118_134836.jpg
20191118_123643.jpg
20191118_123653.jpg

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got drawn out for Tish NWR. Since the Trump admin expanded hunting opportunities at many NWR's including Tish will they let me actually shoot feral hogs this time when I see them? Anyone know?

Last time I got drawn in Tish for deer my area was literally overrun with pigs and not a single deer. Most frustrating thing in the world to have all that meat in front of me tearing up the joint and I had to watch them literally walk under my stand. I quit after 2 hunts of being forced to watch that! Did not go back for the last evening. Very frustrating.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got drawn out for Tish NWR. Since the Trump admin expanded hunting opportunities at many NWR's including Tish will they let me actually shoot feral hogs this time when I see them? Anyone know?

Last time I got drawn in Tish for deer my area was literally overrun with pigs and not a single deer. Most frustrating thing in the world to have all that meat in front of me tearing up the joint and I had to watch them literally walk under my stand. I quit after 2 hunts of being forced to watch that! Did not go back for the last evening. Very frustrating.
Are you going again?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Gus Petch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since the Trump admin expanded hunting opportunities at many NWR's including Tish will they let me actually shoot feral hogs this time when I see them?
The current administration's policies have no bearing on shooting of feral hogs within their boundaries. Some NWRs have allowed it from the get-go (Hagerman NWR in Texas comes to mind) while others have not. Wichita Mountains has swung the pendulum from "we don't care, but you can't take them with you" through "NO" to the current policy of you're allowed, but you're still limited to five rounds of ammunition.

The main goal of a controlled hunt is achieving the target number of animals within a very limited amount of time. It's not to go on a hike, play with feral hogs or shoot coyotes. I'm not burning vacation or an opportunity at a special hunt to shoot hogs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom