Drones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wanting an FPV drone for awhile now. The DJI FPV is what I'm looking at. It's performance values are incredible. Don't really care about taking pics/video, but rather just want to FLY!! The price tag is a little bit stiff just under $1500 with the fly more kit, which is why I don't have one already.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been wanting an FPV drone for awhile now. The DJI FPV is what I'm looking at. It's performance values are incredible. Don't really care about taking pics/video, but rather just want to FLY!! The price tag is a little bit stiff just under $1500 with the fly more kit, which is why I don't have one already.

You might take a look at the DJI Avata; it’s the next-Gen version of the FPV in a cinewhoop package. It flies much the same way, but if you use the motion controller (a must-have, IMHO) and the new goggles, you can actually look to the sides or up and down while flying in a straight line. The drone rotates or tilts to train its camera where you’re looking, but maintains its current heading per the input from your motion controller. You can also look around while flying in a circle, so it’s possible to pan around an object while it’s centered in your view - something you cannot do with the FPV unless you use the two-stick controller. It’s awesome being able to circle and bank over a large red maple in all its autumn glory, or look up at the underside of a bridge as the drone is passing beneath it. Plus, the cinewhoop layout allows you to get into tighter places - and get out of them intact - much more so than the FPV. Check out the Avata.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might take a look at the DJI Avata; it’s the next-Gen version of the FPV in a cinewhoop package. It flies much the same way, but if you use the motion controller (a must-have, IMHO) and the new goggles, you can actually look to the sides or up and down while flying in a straight line. The drone rotates or tilts to train its camera where you’re looking, but maintains its current heading per the input from your motion controller. You can also look around while flying in a circle, so it’s possible to pan around an object while it’s centered in your view - something you cannot do with the FPV unless you use the two-stick controller. It’s awesome being able to circle and bank over a large red maple in all its autumn glory, or look up at the underside of a bridge as the drone is passing beneath it. Plus, the cinewhoop layout allows you to get into tighter places - and get out of them intact - much more so than the FPV. Check out the Avata.
I was unaware of that ability. How incredible. I'd blown off the avata because it's performance values, ei top speed, were slower. Capability like that could easily sway me back the other direction. I will look for more info on that. Thank you sir!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was unaware of that ability. How incredible. I'd blown off the avata because it's performance values, ei top speed, were slower. Capability like that could easily sway me back the other direction. I will look for more info on that. Thank you sir!

One thing I should point out that could be a big drawback to the motion controller is that you cannot fly the drone backwards - the controller isn’t set up for that. You have to rotate the drone to fly back the way it came from. So no “dronies“ with the controller.

Latest posts

Top Bottom