Drug testing for Welfare payments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the madness? It is none of your business if someone else has "enough" or "too many" or why not "too few" kids. The only real issue is government benefits - so simply cap them at some point - average family size, some percentage of average income - so that like anyone else if you had more children you would have to learn to adapt - pick a way.

Giving government benefits is a public policy decision - but having children is not the government's business. If you want have 10, but, the benefits should not be expected to grow with the number of children - private charity can fill that role if people desire to do give voluntarily.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So... let me get this right. People say it's fine for employers to drug test because you have a choice if you want to work there or not (I happen to agree with this). But they also say it's infringing on a right of some sort if you must test to be given money without working that was earned by those willing to test? Is this what I'm hearing? Both can't be right. Seems they should prohibit employers testing or do welfare testing too.

tschwarz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So... let me get this right. People say it's fine for employers to drug test because you have a choice if you want to work there or not (I happen to agree with this). But they also say it's infringing on a right of some sort if you must test to be given money without working that was earned by those willing to test? Is this what I'm hearing? Both can't be right. Seems they should prohibit employers testing or do welfare testing too.

Where was it said it was infringing on their rights?

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A unionized public employee, a member of the Tea Party, and a CEO are sitting at a table. In the middle of the table there is a plate with a dozen cookies on it. The CEO reaches across and takes 11 cookies, looks at the tea partier and says,"watch out for that union guy, he wants a piece of your cookie."
Works every time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom