Ducks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a similar experience today as well: 2 canada geese, 1 redhead, 1 widgeon, 1 canvasback, and a hooded merganser. My buddy is getting the canvasback mounted. I'll try to get pics up in the next couple of days.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got a strange mixed bag about 2 weeks ago in the snow. Went with a few guys in the Lawton area. We got shovellers, gadwalls, mergansers, pintails, buffleheads, teals,a mallard, and yes an domestic duck. If it flies, it dies. That's my philosophy. We had a large group of geese come by just out of range. Would have loved to have got one of them. Tried to upload a pic but it said the file size was to large.

-Maximus-

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few hunts over Christmas break.
With dad: Mallards, Pintail (couple nice bull sprigs), Gadwall, Green Wing Teal, Spoonies, and one very nice Speckle Belly!
Also went with my granddad and my little brother we bagged some Mallards and Gadwall.
Bagged em all up in the freezer for spring time grillin, well minus the spoonies...coons gotta eat too.

[Broken External Image]
Me and dad on Christmas Eve hunt (yes the blizzard started when we got to the boat ramp) until the blizzard started we sat in rain from 3:45 until 11:00. Oh and not to mention the 40 mph wind. Was well worth it.

[Broken External Image]
Day after Christmas hunt with dad, me, and wife. No rain, a lot of ice, and hardly any wind.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You folks have really been sacking up the ducks this year!
I work at Sooner Lake and when all the other lakes were frozen, we had more green heads than I've ever seen in my life in the warm waters.
Clouds of them. Overall with what ya'll have taken and some on another board that I frequent, this has to be a banner waterfowl year. It wasn't very many years ago that a season limit was just a few birds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom