Dustin's New Toy!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a phone pic I took when I got the old PCM out. I'm going to go back today and make sure all the wires are as untangled as possible and then put some wire loom over them to make it look like a factory job.

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_97Z71_303be0c6.jpg

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PCM swap complete!!! I might make it look a little prettier, but I might not. This PCM is the same that comes in the LS1 cars after 2000. Not sure when they stopped, but they also used it in the 01-02 Express Van which was the last vehicle to get the L31 Vortec engine. I'm running my truck on the van calibration with some stuff deleted, VATS for one. This PCM is IIRC 16 times faster than the original black box PCM these trucks came with. It makes the truck idle better, have better throttle response, and any tuner that can do a 2001 F-body should tune my truck as well. The tables are larger and there is so much more you can do with the custom tune. Anyone looking to mod a 96-99 old body style truck with a 5.0, 5.7, or 7.4L Vortec engine should really look into this mod.

ai306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_97Z71_c716d52a.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom