E-Citation in Okla...never see the cops!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bierhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how this turns out. I don't like it at all.

It sounds similar to the red light cameras in some states where the ticket is mailed to the registered owner of the vehicle. They have been ruled unconstitutional in some states, since the identity of the driver is not confirmed. It shifts the burden of proof from the prosecution to the defendant and violates due process.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would seriously ignore anything via e-mail that is supposed to be a bill.

I get tons of offers for refinancing among other things all the time not to mention that the criminals WILL begin sending out fake emails to try and capitalize on it.

Jesse Pinkman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking of writing a Sci-fi short story about a modern day "Robin Hood-type" Constitution backing vigilante who goes around covertly shooting surveillance cameras off of traffic control devices with a precision rifle.

To what extent do you guys think law enforcement would devote resources to finding such a perp, and do you think the media would cover the events?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking of writing a Sci-fi short story about a modern day "Robin Hood-type" Constitution backing vigilante who goes around covertly shooting surveillance cameras off of traffic control devices with a precision rifle.

To what extent do you guys think law enforcement would devote resources to finding such a perp, and do you think the media would cover the events?

righhhhht. a sci fi story. got ya, wink wink.

Spata

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That would be a very bad idea, unless you hate guns then it's awesome idea.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Once they figured out it's being done with a "sniper rifle," all hell would break loose. "EVIL SNIPER BOGEYMAN shooting at random targets! With a LONG RANGE DEADLY SNIPER RIFLE!" Cf the "DC Sniper" for examples of coverage and overreaction.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

it may be easier to burn the sensor out with a high powered laser.... just sayin'.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, the City of Norman has/had a statement on their Web site regarding the video sensors on the newer traffic lights. Among other things, it says/said that the city attorney's opinion is that Oklahoma state law doesn't allow the use of photo radar or red light cameras.

Latest posts

Top Bottom