Earthquakes in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't create the loophole. I didn't bias the data.

I've already had to fix two foundations, both of which required repair prior to the year 2000 when seismic activity was relatively low.

If all we had to do was pump a little water into the ground to create earthquakes, we could have toppled many an enemy without firing a shot or dropping a single bomb.

Ask yourself what causes the earthquakes around the world where there are no injection wells, or those that occurred in antiquity.

Woody

Last edited:

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to wax philosophically same as you.

I'd like to add an anecdote here. Isn't shutting down or curtailing waste water injection near where an earthquake has just occurred, if it is to be believed that the injection of water is the cause, sorta like closing the barn door after the horse has left? I say "near" because there hasn't been an earthquake with its epicenter directly below a waste water injection well to my knowledge.

Attributing the cutting down or halting of waste water injection to no further earthquake activity in an area where an earthquake just occured would be like taking a book off a collapsed house of cards that couldn't bear the weight of the book. Removing the book will not prevent further collapse of the house of cards. It is down. Thusly, the stress in the earth has relieved itself, and will bear what ever load is still on it, or has "slipped" as far as it needs to go, if you wish to believe lubricity from the waste water is the cause. Regardless, there is no proof that the waste water injection has caused earthquakes.

I'm not the one who started this campaign of attributing the earthquakes to waste water injection - or fracking for that matter. Until repeatable experimental results via the scientific method can be demonstrated, I will call BS on waste water injection as the cause of the earthquakes plaguing Oklahoma.

Woody

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am going to wax philosophically same as you.

I'd like to add an anecdote here. Isn't shutting down or curtailing waste water injection near where an earthquake has just occurred, if it is to be believed that the injection of water is the cause, sorta like closing the barn door after the horse has left? I say "near" because there hasn't been an earthquake with its epicenter directly below a waste water injection well to my knowledge.

Attributing the cutting down or halting of waste water injection to no further earthquake activity in an area where an earthquake just occured would be like taking a book off a collapsed house of cards that couldn't bear the weight of the book. Removing the book will not prevent further collapse of the house of cards. It is down. Thusly, the stress in the earth has relieved itself, and will bear what ever load is still on it, or has "slipped" as far as it needs to go, if you wish to believe lubricity from the waste water is the cause. Regardless, there is no proof that the waste water injection has caused earthquakes.

I'm not the one who started this campaign of attributing the earthquakes to waste water injection - or fracking for that matter. Until repeatable experimental results via the scientific method can be demonstrated, I will call BS on waste water injection as the cause of the earthquakes plaguing Oklahoma.

Woody

Can you graph that?
Otherwise, shut up!

Latest posts

Top Bottom