Electronic Ear Protectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Peltor sport tacs and I also have a set of their higher end, I think they are called pro's or something. Anyway, they are good for the money.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The Howard Leight's are very nice for what they cost.

The Sordins dont just turn off when a gunshot comes along, they just reduce the volume of the gunshot to slightly above ambient noise. It is like watching Die Hard since the gunshots are abou tthe same volume as your buddy next to you.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The higher end peltors like the swattac/comtacs do that. I was uneasy atfirst because I was expecting the shots to hurt my ears. I've grown to love the noise compression though.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was looking at some Howard Leight(sp?) at academy. My problem is that I got a big arse head and am cheap. :)

I have a big head too, and the Leight's fit comfortably. They work great when shooting my AR & AK, but I find them kind of bulky when shooting my bolt rifle. They tend to hit my cheek piece when trying to get low and look through my scope. anyhow, hope this helps. BTW, I use the surefires when i'm shooting the bolt action.

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two of my nephews have $25.00 ones from sportsman's guide and they work just fine. I can't tell you how long they will last however because they lose things faster than they can wear them out

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've worn a pair of Peltor Comtac's for 5 years turkey hunting and love being able to hear far off gobbles again. Use them 2-4 times a week shooting and I'm still on the original battery! Walkers Game Ears are fine muffs too. The cheap green ones work but the sound quality is not as good. It is nice to be able to hear range commands and carry on a conversation with out taking plugs out etc.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've worn a pair of Peltor Comtac's for 5 years turkey hunting and love being able to hear far off gobbles again. Use them 2-4 times a week shooting and I'm still on the original battery! Walkers Game Ears are fine muffs too. The Caldwell muffs work but the sound quality is not as good. It is nice to be able to hear range commands and carry on a conversation with out taking plugs out etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom