Employee carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50Shooter

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma Statutes Citationized
Title 21. Crimes and Punishments
Chapter 53 - Manufacture, Sale, and Wearing of Weapons
Section 1272.1 - Carrying Firearms Where Liquor Is Consumed
Cite as: O.S. §, __ __

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A. It shall be unlawful for any person to carry or possess any weapon designated in Section 1272 of this title in any establishment where low-point beer, as defined by Section 163.2 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes, or alcoholic beverages, as defined by Section 506 of Title 37 of the Oklahoma Statutes, are consumed. This provision shall not apply to a peace officer, as defined in Section 99 of this title, or to private investigators with a firearms authorization when acting in the scope and course of employment, and shall not apply to an owner or proprietor of the establishment having a pistol, rifle, or shotgun on the premises. Provided however, a person possessing a valid concealed handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Section 1290.1 et seq. of this title may carry the concealed handgun into any restaurant or other establishment licensed to dispense low-point beer or alcoholic beverages where the sale of low-point beer or alcoholic beverages does not constitute the primary purpose of the business.

Provided further, nothing in this section shall be interpreted to authorize any peace officer in actual physical possession of a weapon to consume low-point beer or alcoholic beverages, except in the authorized line of duty as an undercover officer.

Nothing in this section shall be interpreted to authorize any private investigator with a firearms authorization in actual physical possession of a weapon to consume low-point beer or alcoholic beverages in any establishment where low-point beer or alcoholic beverages are consumed.

B. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall be punished as provided in Section 1272.2 of this title.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's truly a sad, sad state of affairs. These laws... I, and special friends, have spent many hours, Dollars, and ammo emptying beer bottles and sinking them in a river before they could float off downriver out of reach. My personal experiences have taught me that, the law and Political Correctness notwithstanding, beer & bullets mix just fine. It's retards & beer, or retards & bullets that give beer & bullets a bad name.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if I were her I would carry concealed. in other states where they have open carry, the criminals scope the place out first then come in with guns a ablazin'. best not to advertise the fact your armed.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if I were her I would carry concealed. in other states where they have open carry, the criminals scope the place out first then come in with guns a ablazin'. best not to advertise the fact your armed.

Did you seriously just type that? I'm calling BS on this. Please cite ONE ARTICLE from ONE reputable news source from ANY state in the US.

What actually happens is that the criminals look around and leave in search of a softer target.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
probably best to go ahead and get the permit...especially if the weapon is ever used. Would go a long way to prevent or deflect any litigation

Why do people keep giving this advice? Nothing wrong with getting a permit, but being permitted has nothing to do with civil liability when using castle for self defense shooting in a business. If I remember correctly, one is specifically immunized from civil liability arising from a righteous shoot at your home or business. Am I wrong?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Why do people keep giving this advice? Nothing wrong with getting a permit, but being permitted has nothing to do with civil liability when using castle for self defense shooting in a business. If I remember correctly, one is specifically immunized from civil liability arising from a righteous shoot at your home or business. Am I wrong?

You're mostly right. It's not restricted to home/business; but anywhere you are legally allowed to be. And, by reason, anywhere you are legally allowed to be *with a gun*.

But either way, she's covered here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom