Employee carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kavik

I have a question regarding carrying at work; it is two fold actually.

A friend of mine has received permission from her boss to carry when she is at work. She does not have a ccw permit but is planning on getting one. However, she works at a liquor store.

1) Is a permit required to carry in a business open to the public if employed there (or if one owns the business)? Guys in guns stores and pawn shops do it (They probably have permits anyway though).
2) I know carrying in an establishment whose primary purpose is the sale of alcohol is prohibited, but would this apply to employees of the establishment? Also does that just apply to places where alcohol is consumed as well as purchased, such as a bar, or are liquor stores included in that?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Paulinok

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no expert but I offer my opinion...I'm no authority on anything, lol
If the OWNER of the business says an employee can carry, then its ok as long as that employee is not prohibited by law of owning a firearm. As far as alcohol is concerned, its pertains to the consumtion of alcohol, not the sale of alcohol.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think most liquor stores have guns in them. I know of a couple that keep guns. They belong to the store owners and not the workers, but the are there for the workers. I think it is ok, for her to keep one, but not 100% sure.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aslong as she has permission from the owner she can open carry if she choses, look at H&H as they exercise this on a daly basis with everyone of their employees. I would though make sure to try and get that permission in writing and also to expedite getting her CCL as well.

B

bpwolf

probably best to go ahead and get the permit...especially if the weapon is ever used. Would go a long way to prevent or deflect any litigation

Latest posts

Top Bottom