Enoch Kelly Haney is dead...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From my work email...

We are saddened to share the news that former Oklahoma State Senator and Chief of the Seminole Nation Enoch Kelly Haney passed away early this morning. Throughout his time in the Legislature – serving as a State Representative, Senator and Chair of the powerful Appropriations Committee – as well as in tribal government, he was a strong friend and supporter of Seminole State College.

I work with his daughter and granddaughter at SSC and met with Enoch on several occasions. Not sure on his politics, but he seemed like a great man.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I met him one time, many years ago, at the Five Civilizes Tribes Museum. I remember him as a very nice man, and an excellent artist.

I'll have to look up his work. We are acquainted with Harvey Pratt, who is another Native-American artist and was a co-worker of ours at the OSBI. His accomplishments are great in that he has some great artwork, his work at the OSBI was a forensic artist reconstructing the appearance of someone based simply on their skull, and him being the designer of the new Native American Veteran's War Memorial in Washington DC.

Native American Veteran's War Memorial Photos on Google Images

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rest In Peace, good sir.

I had a opportunity to meet him back in 1990/91 when I was 11. He was visiting someone at the Oklahoma Conservation Commission where my mom worked. She introduced him as the gentleman that painted all the pictures we had hanging in our house. He had some really great work, had lots of depth and hidden meaning to it all. Still have them all too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom