Entry Door Security

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have managed to purchase a home on Texoma that is going to be our "prepper" home. I have a serious aversion to weak entry doors/frames. We are having a hard time finding off the rack doors that are worth a dang. I want a solid door (kick/jack proof) and steel frame and no glass close enough to gain access to the lock area. Any suggestions?

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vault door by liberty or browning. Very well constructed and heavy. My dad built a gun safe room with one. http://www.libertysafe.com/safe-vault-doors-safes-ps-13.html I see no reason why you couldn't use one as a primary door. 8-10 k usually. I'm sure you could find one cheaper. This or something similar will be my primary doors when I finally build my house.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I just went to homedepot.com and searched for steel exterior doors. It gave me 500 hits. So, before you shell out big bucks or visit specialty stores, you might check your favorite lumber yard or big box and see what they can order for you. That's my idea.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear ya EdmondMember, I really wish those were what I was after. Aside from almost all of the box stores framing in wood, they are mostly flimsy hollow core doors.

Interesting bunch of videos on YouTube that are eye opening and of course, available to anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom