Entry Door Security

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm working on the window problem too. It's not an easy fix.

From what I've seen it can get expensive in a hurry depending on the number of windows. The best balance of cost to security in my uneducated view point is security film. I suppose like most security measures, you aren't going to stop someone that wants in bad enough but it can sure buy you some reaction time.

I wonder if any if our law enforcement or fire fighters could chime in with real world experiences where entry is concerned. As a father of five school aged kids I am also concerned about getting the heck out in a fire situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try the companies that sell red iron buildings--they usually have steel-framed metal doors for their buildings. Of course, their frames are sized for red iron c-channel, so their frames may be thicker that what you want, but my dad has one that survived almost unscathed from a red iron barn that got hit by a tornado a few years ago. The rest of the barn was a loss, but the door and its frame are still intact.

ETA: if I remember, I'll see which company built my dad's workshop's components; I'm pretty sure it's in OKC (it's silkscreened on the front trim at the peak over the doors, but I don't recall what it says). Steelco is one company that does it, but they're down south, near Paoli.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want one of the doors that Motel 6 uses on their rooms. You can't kick them in. You can break out the big picture window next to it but the door is a mother...

Latest posts

Top Bottom