European Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s the heavy duty feed bucket from tractor supply. The element keeps it at the perfect simmer of 97 degrees.
Keyword is simmer if doing it at home. Don't want a rolling boil. If doing at home, I do suggest spending a few bucks and using the carwash instead of power washing out the brains and such at home.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keyword is simmer if doing it at home. Don't want a rolling boil. If doing at home, I do suggest spending a few bucks and using the carwash instead of power washing out the brains and such at home.
That's what I do. Propane burner, large stockpot, and carwash power washer.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I make a paste with bleach powder and gel from a beauty supply store. Brush it on with a cheap chip brush. Rinse in the morning, let dry a bit and repeat. Might take a few days to get it white enough
CE6C9B72-9080-4A1D-99DE-2EA942F4783E.png

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I’m sure the car wash owner is thrilled with the idea of rotting flesh and brains stuck in the drains at the wash ;)

PiedmontGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input. I ended up having a guy do it and his business is called Bonehead Creations. I have a friend who hunts near a drop off location for him and he was right around the $110 mark. The guy near Atwood was tempting but I don't go that direction much and don't have a connection down there. Wished I did still have a connection down that direction. Some of my best hunting memories was when I had permission on a place NW of Coalgate.
Here's my deer from Sunday afternoon about 2:45pm. I always find the 4X5 bucks. Never seem to find the one with the balanced number.
2022 Archery Buck cropped.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom