Evolution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
This is an extremely in depth topic, and religious to many. Please remember that in your responses, and be civil!

I believe in a literal, 6 day creation about 8-10 thousand years ago.

I believe macro-evolution occurs in nature or "adaptation" if you will.

If I get a chance I will say more, but that's it in a nutshell.

candrpotts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spent a lot of my career in the sciences. A theory becomes law only when its been out there unsuccessfully challenged through reputable means for a long enough period of time. Evolution is a unquestioned fact for the vast majority of educational and scientific professionals. The evidence is there. The mechanisms have been demonstrated. There's really no question to it but there are some out there who will always refuse to acknowledge anything outside of their belief system. It all comes to ...... "For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who do not believe, no proof is possible"

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are two problems when it comes to discussing evolution:

1) many people who try to discuss the topic don't know the difference between theory and hypothesis. Knowing the difference is critical. Theories can be tested and verified. Hypothesis are the foundation upon which theories are derived.
2) People who believe in evolution have a fact/logic based world view. People that don't quite often don't based on religious views which (psychological term - not mine) have a magical thinking based world view. The problem here is that "neither the twain shall meet".

Invariably any discussion of evolution breaks down to you do or you don't and it's a waste of time to try to change the view of the opposition.

Which leads to this: One wonders how long it will take before this thread gets LOCKED!

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a Christian, and I believe God created the earth from nothing, a long, long time ago. (millions of years)
I believe He set natural laws in place that allowed for different species to adapt and evolve.

I doubt scientists that only spew evolution or Christians that only spew creation are right. I can see how both can be true, but that doesn't create enough division for some folks, I guess.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Evolution is a theory that is tested using the scientific method (or just science lol). Science is based on observing, measuring, and manipulating the natural world. Therefore super natural things (like the existence of god) cannot be touched by science. There is no way to scientifically measure the effect of prayer, or the existence of god. Evolutions is a real thing... scientists measure it!
If you believe that the science that goes into making your guns accurate and safe is real, you should also believe that the science that goes into researching evolution is equally real. There is no conspiracy.....

Science cannot test whether god is real nor not. Therefore there are many scientists that believe in God... yes even those that study evolution.

Oh and the definition of evolution is "a change in allele frequency in a population over time"

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
This is an extremely in depth topic, and religious to many. Please remember that in your responses, and be civil!

I believe the same.

Jack T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I believe this as well. . .and I believe in a God who can a) create a universe in 6 days AND b) can created it "aged" while He's doing it.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

First, I'm not trying to argue. I'm genuinely interested in your statement. Are you saying that you believe the creation that happened 8-10 thousand years ago was the creation of living things? i.e. the rocks and stuff that make up the cosmos can be billions and billions of years old, but living things came to be 8-10 thousand years ago at the hands of God?

Latest posts

Top Bottom