Evolution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Regardless of what you might believe, "evolution" can only occur in accord with the laws of physics. Ergo, those laws of physics will set evolution in motion. Those laws of physics are going to control evolution. Those laws of physics are going to limit evolution. Those laws of physics just might prevent evolution here and there. And who wrote those laws of physics? Why, God of course!

I believe in creation. I believe in the all mighty author of all things.

Woody

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.chartgeek.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_12_evolution_of_batman.jpg

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Regardless of what you might believe, "evolution" can only occur in accord with the laws of physics. Ergo, those laws of physics will set evolution in motion. Those laws of physics are going to control evolution. Those laws of physics are going to limit evolution. Those laws of physics just might prevent evolution here and there. And who wrote those laws of physics? Why, God of course!

I believe in creation. I believe in the all mighty author of all things.

Woody

here is why some scientists don't believe in God.

How can one prove or test or collect data that God "wrote the laws of Physics"
How can one prove or test or collect data that Jesus was the son of god?
How can one prove or test or collect data that the word or god was actually the word of god?
Those are un-testable, and therefore not scientific.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good thread so far. As long as it stays with "I believe" and doesn't go to "You are wrong" we'll be OK. I have a sorta blended belief, which would take way to long to hunt and peck it out on an iPhone. Basically I believe the scientific age of the universe, but the creation and evolution of both the universe and life are divinely guided. Life is too complex not to have needed a nudge here and there. But there are still a lot of things I don't understand.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a definition of a scientific theory
a plausible, scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles that explains numerous,observed phenomena & data (e.g. Einstein’s theory of relativity, wave theory of light, atomic theory, Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection, evolutionary theory)

definition of a hypothesis
a tentative assumption made in order to draw out and test its logical or empirical consequences

this is not my own definition... I got this from somewhere

Last edited:

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I truly believe it's a mixture of both....theology and evolution.

Example: Big Bang Theory....God's Creation.

Example: God created all creatures, earth, humans...etc. Free Will..God set it in motion (creation) and let it evolve (evolution) through free will.

Time is a humanistic term...God doesn't need a clock, calendar, nor need to know the "time".

God understands time..Example: Forever
Man cannot grasp forever. ..we have an idea, but to fully understand it..come on.

When it was written that the earth (and everything else )was created in six days...man put that term in there.

One day to God may be 10, 000 years to us..or more.

We have proof that creatures have evolved, live in this century, and have gone extinct by man's direct involvement and by selection (there's that free will playing out..no one involved).

So, for me. Both creation and evolution from it by letting it evolve on it's own. To me, if God became to involved then it wouldn't be "creation". It would become "ruled and governed". If it's "ruled and governed" then wouldn't we still be in the Garden of Eden and no need for Jesus and Salvation?

Just my 2 cents, a quick and brief explanation. ..especially coming from a "choose my own path/free will" agnostic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom