Evolution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No 'creation' by the standard 6 day theory (yes, it's a theory) is what I think. Those that think something can be created from nothing is simply untrue. There was something, some outer force. Some think it's a god, cool, I get it. I do not. Our brains can't fathom the vast amount of space and time that it took for something to be created. Creation (the act of making something) is simply the act of outside forces acting against something else. Some say god created the Earth, space, moon, the millions of galaxies, fine. I don't think that is the way it happened, so fine.

I certainly don't know what is true because I have the small brain that you all have. Science has proven that galaxies were created billion of years ago, so a 8-10 thousand year ago creation is laughable at best. (if that's a typo, you typed trillions wrong) As you look towards a star in the horizon, imagine how far that star is. The nearest star is 4.24 light years away, many trillions of miles away. For our sun to even start producing heat, it took millions of years.

Let's not even talk about other species living in other galaxies and planets. Did god create them too? Is the rapture something they think about or has it happened already? Do they have 'Gods"? Why not have everyone co-mingled in one little galaxy, god? We could've all shared our tech and been a really happy traveling bunch of humans, no?

You get where I'm going. Show me scientifically where everything we know was built in 6 days, not some book. Until then, science is still in play and we have trillions of light years to figure out and explore before we get anywhere close to understanding time, space and how things were created. It wasn't created and it wasn't just good as the bible states. There has to be more to the story, a story written by men who were told these stories by the way.

Everyone has their faith and I respect that, but please let's be open minded and not brainwashed into one type of thought. Release your inner skeptic. You all complain about sheep all the time on this forum, seems ironic.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Everyone has their faith and I respect that, but please let's be open minded and not brainwashed into one type of thought. Release your inner skeptic. You all complain about sheep all the time on this forum, seems ironic. "

That works both ways.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a Christian, and I believe God created the earth from nothing, a long, long time ago. (millions of years)
I believe He set natural laws in place that allowed for different species to adapt and evolve.

I doubt scientists that only spew evolution or Christians that only spew creation are right. I can see how both can be true, but that doesn't create enough division for some folks, I guess.

Generally my feelings also. I don't see it being a big deal to believe that God created everything...through the evolutionary process. The billions of years evolution of the earth took kinda messes with the 7 day thing...but issue wouldn't be the first and only thing in the Bible that is up for debate.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, Cohiba, anyone that's ever had a root canal kinda has an idea of what forever means. LOL. Just a last minute thought as the feeling in my face comes back and my jaw is starting to hurt.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Everyone has their faith and I respect that, but please let's be open minded and not brainwashed into one type of thought. Release your inner skeptic. You all complain about sheep all the time on this forum, seems ironic. "

That works both ways.

indeed! hence my comment, show me the scientific proof. There is proof in some of the science being brought forth about evolution and zero science for the bibles version of events. I think Cohiba said it best, it may be a mix of both, but we don't know that either.

I'm willing to believe, just prove it (that goes for any theory). For the record, I'm not stuck on any one theory or belief, it may have sounded that way and I apologize.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AJ , you state you don't know what is the truth, yet you tell me that what I believe can't be true?

that is correct, I don't know what the truth is. I didn't say what you believe isn't true. All I said was
"Those that think something can be created from nothing is simply untrue."
Again, we all believe in something and that's what gets us through life, you are entitled to believe whatever you want. Heck, science may someday prove we are all wrong, but that won't change a thing in some peoples mind. It's all about the faith, I guess.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Evolution is a theory that is tested using the scientific method (or just science lol). Science is based on observing, measuring, and manipulating the natural world. Therefore super natural things (like the existence of god) cannot be touched by science. There is no way to scientifically measure the effect of prayer, or the existence of god. Evolutions is a real thing... scientists measure it!
If you believe that the science that goes into making your guns accurate and safe is real, you should also believe that the science that goes into researching evolution is equally real. There is no conspiracy.....

Science cannot test whether god is real nor not. Therefore there are many scientists that believe in God... yes even those that study evolution.

Oh and the definition of evolution is "a change in allele frequency in a population over time"

Yet there are many things that the Theory of Evolution simply can't explain. In those instances...

[Broken External Image]

Of course God made the aliens... :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom