Excess inventory of used firearms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I met that guy as I was walking in to "Big Boys" today. Sounds like what I found, an excess of inventory, with much more in the back, at higher prices than the market dictates. Now to be honest, I did see a couple of good deals, but that wasn't the norm. And they aren't the only ones, all dealers seem to be keeping their prices high, hoping the political situation will cause another surge in sales. I think they are going to be holding on to their inventory well into the next regime or longer. Eventually they will have to adjust their prices or go out of business for lack of business.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now is the time to be buying, gents. Weird times, weird times for sure.

There may be a bump in Nov when they cheat again and install Harris in Jan. But, most enthusiasts are already stocked to the brim. I mean, I wants lots more guns, but how many do I NEED? N + 1.
Ummm, there is no limit on what I need.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been asked the same old question. “ How many do you need?”

The answer is, it’s not a matter of need, it’s what I want.
I've asked my wife the same question when she said, "you bought another gun?"
I walk into her bathroom, do a slight tally of all the bottles of this and that, walk into her closet, do a tally and say, do you really want to contest me about needing another gun?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I met that guy as I was walking in to "Big Boys" today. Sounds like what I found, an excess of inventory, with much more in the back, at higher prices than the market dictates. Now to be honest, I did see a couple of good deals, but that wasn't the norm. And they aren't the only ones, all dealers seem to be keeping their prices high, hoping the political situation will cause another surge in sales. I think they are going to be holding on to their inventory well into the next regime or longer. Eventually they will have to adjust their prices or go out of business for lack of business.
If history repeats itself, when Trump regains office, the gun prices along with ammo, and reloading components the last, will get back to affordable prices.
During the obama years, ammo and guns were sky high because of the fear of gun confiscation and control.
The gun companies were making record profits.
When Trump gets back in, ammo/guns will be cheaper, and the gun companies will not be as profitable. Prices will come down.
Don't buy gun stocks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom