Extending my Tinhorn on driveway approach - Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
first identify roadad. unless it is a fed highway then you need to contact the BATF and mich mcconnell. if you do the work yourself and pay for it no plans necessary? if it is tribe????? don't know

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you adding to the existing or installing all new? If adding on, you will always have a settling issue where the two meet. Using the correct backfill is crucial too. If you have all the materials on hand and equipment it should only be 3 - 4-hour job. Sunday morning at daybreak would be what I would shoot for.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I suggest you not do it till you find the allowed legal width limit. It can cost you!

I do know there is a max width that a culvert can be, I don’t know if it is a State Law or by County. I do know that Oklahoma County if memory serves is max width of 20ft. If you go over that and there is an issue you will be held accountable. As well as if you add to many feet and they notice it they will make you undo what you did and possibly a fine. I would research and find the width limits. I did a job for a homeowner that had a 40ft wide drive put in, it clogged and caused thousands of dollars in damage to the road and drain ditches. It cost him. I was there to rectify and tear out the 40ft tin horn and tear out all the concrete, as well as cut the tin horn down to the County Spec.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like others have said, you’ll have to get ODOT involved if your property is off a state highway. It’s a fairly simple process. Do a google search for ODOT Driveway Agreement. I went through the process a couple months ago for a new driveway entrance, and it was pretty straight forward.

Edited to add: Don’t have a stroke when you price the tinhorns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom