My Truck - Expired Registration?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a question. Do to my own doing my personal trucks registration is expired by about 15 months. Hadn't even thought about it as my wife drives it full time and never got a renewal in the mail; also my fault. I believe the OK DMV has our old rental address we never got updated so it was probably sent there and either not forwarded or the current rents threw it in the trash. Wife was getting some things in Bristow this morning and got pulled over. LEO was apparently very nice but said he could have the truck towed on any registration expired more than 90 days. He let her off without a ticket or tow. I guess being a pretty blond in a nice truck helps because I sure I would have been walking back home.

Anyways, due to my work schedule it's a challenge to get to Sapulpa on Monday morning to get it renewed. My name is the only one on the registration for this truck. Will my wife be able to get it renewed on Monday if I'm not there? Or with it being so expired will I need to be present? I feel like a moron for letting it get this past due. Thanks for any intel.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a question. Do to my own doing my personal trucks registration is expired by about 15 months. Hadn't even thought about it as my wife drives it full time and never got a renewal in the mail; also my fault. I believe the OK DMV has our old rental address we never got updated so it was probably sent there and either not forwarded or the current rents threw it in the trash. Wife was getting some things in Bristow this morning and got pulled over. LEO was apparently very nice but said he could have the truck towed on any registration expired more than 90 days. He let her off without a ticket or tow. I guess being a pretty blond in a nice truck helps because I sure I would have been walking back home.

Anyways, due to my work schedule it's a challenge to get to Sapulpa on Monday morning to get it renewed. My name is the only one on the registration for this truck. Will my wife be able to get it renewed on Monday if I'm not there? Or with it being so expired will I need to be present? I feel like a moron for letting it get this past due. Thanks for any intel.
Yes, as long as you have proof of insurance and the money to get a new tag. They can also change your address. Any Oklahoma Tag Agency can do this.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I renewed a tag for a person I was helping a while back that had been expired 2 years. I took their drivers license, proof of insurance, and tag number. Fine is .25 a day with maximum of $100 per year. What gripes me is those with new car dealer tags that are 6 and 7 months old. No excuse for that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom