Eye sight prep

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a candidate for surgery and 2 old, too. Can't wear contacts either.

Been wearing the specs since I was 8yo. Have my daily 'dress' pair, sunglasses, safety glasses, a back-up pair, and 2 old pair 'just in case' something happens and need them.

This may be something others haven't thought of, probably because their prescription isn't that strong. To those of us who are pretty much functionally blind without them, I believe; WE HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT IT and planned for it.

Worker with several who had 'the surgery' 25-30 years ago, when it was NEW. I was thinking about it seriously, but was nervous as HELL. Then 2 co-workers ended up blind in 1 eye, they only did the surgery 1 eye at a time, a month or so between surgeries. I decided glasses was better than blind.

No more RK and if I was 30, I would probably give a try.

BTW, Mom still has the old rotary phone in the bedroom. These new phones have to be replaced every few years, cell phones even more so. Those old rotary phones last FOREVER.

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you know your prescription, you can pick up a spare pair pretty cheep on this web site like $35
http://www.zennioptical.com/

We picked up a couple pair over the last couple of years, and have had good luck with them.

+1 on this. The first pair cost me $11.25 shipped. Now I have 4 pair. Cool site, you can upload a pic and fit the glasses to you to see what they look like. Very limited decently looking frames IMO.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had stellar vision for most of my life....that is, until I hit 40 years old. Everything changed when that big four-oh came, road signs started becoming blurry and harder to read. I require reading glasses now and have a very slight astigmatism- it sucks because my job relies heavily on my vision!!! I do have to wear glasses a lot of the time now. I have used eyebuydirect.com to buy several pairs from and do have a few stored away for "emergency" purposes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom