Fake police on I40 (?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My granddaughter was pulled over tonight by a pickup with a light bar. She called her dad (LEO) she was on the phone when guy came to the window, her dad was on the phone and told her to ask for a badge number When she did that he asked for registration and insurance (she didn't have time to find them ) he headed back to his truck and left. My son called OHP they didn't have any pickups on I40 tonight. I think she dodged a bullet. That may be the best argument for a Bluetooth connection so you can be talking to someone when you get pulled over.

It makes me think about arming her, she is very proficient with a SIG 9mm, but she's only 17 and I could see it going bad in a lot of ways.

Scares the crap out of me. I thought seriously about going hunting tonight.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fake Police are out in force. Freeze! Fake police! Down on the ground. We're the fake police! We better leave before the real police get here, whoever they are.

If I were in your situation, okietool, I'd have a hard time cooling down.
I didn't mean to make light of your situation.

Torch Red Tulsan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's really scary, but the best possible outcome. Everyone seems to think it could never happen to them. Really glad she's safe and that you shared this story. I've already passed it around as an example that there is real danger out there

If you're concerned about her age, as a bare minimum, you can arm her with spray AND a stun gun. Get her started on situational awareness and having her defenses up and at the ready

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was about mile marker 68. Any law enforcement that called the tag in on the car she was driving would have more than likely known it belonged to a LEO or close family, ours is not a common name and my son has been LEO for 15 years all right here.

I'm not mad I'm scared.

As for the registration, I believe it's required now.

And I haven't noticed any LEO driving pickups around here, especially on I40.

My son works I40 out here.

My main thought is to warn others.

Chances are in the car she was driving, unless it was an actual police vehicle, she could have successfully out run it, but that thought is even more terrifying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom