Fallin Says 10 Commandments Will Stay Regardless of Courts Decision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And placing 4 out of the 10 on a piece of granite and pretending it's not what it really is less so?

I'm just pointing out that the first 5 are not historic but a personal belief. The others are inherent in humans. So yeah, if you put a few up on a slab of granite with no context then you would probably be okay to do so. But putting all 10 up is pretty blatantly religious and biased towards the judeo-Christian persuasion.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If only this were reality. . .but, unfortunately, it isn't. Which is why I'm not opposed to Fallin's actions (and I'm far from a Fallin fan-boy).

It requires more imagination than I have to make the argument that this monument *establishes* a religion.

It is, however, a slippery precedent. On the flip side, why is it fine for liberal states/cities to routinely ignore court rulings but not okay for conservatives to do the same? We're getting screwed in the courts. . .so my long-standing support of Judicial review is slipping.

Heck, at the Federal level (I honestly don't know if the State constitution has it spelled out) the Courts don't even have the *authority* to call a law unconstitutional.

Bingo!!

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ten commandments are Christian?? Didn't know Moses was a Christian. Learn something new everyday on here.

Some seem to think so - usually the same ones who also seem to think "Christian" is a religion. They're wrong in both cases, of course.

They Everyone needs to get over this 10C stupidity.

To paraphrase a common theme from another recent issue ... "How does the existence of the monument hurt you?"

I'm a member of a religion that subscribes to Christian philosophies and you know what? My God doesn't really need that monument anyway. IMO the whole shiznitz is far less about religion than it is about human egos and the whole "I'm okay, you're a ****head" mentality that's so prevalent in today's society.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope they keep the 10 commandments and put up the satanic statue also (fair for one, fair for all). Religion is so archaic, but if someone wants to pray to Santa Claus, I'm good with that. Just don't try to shove it down other peoples throats.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I will follow Mary's lead on this one. Don't like a law? Ignore it and go on. Sounds fantastic!

LOL...but if u ignore a law she likes then she'd bring down the house on u Farmer...I see both sides of this argument...But again, the SCOTUS ignoring the law on 0bamacare has set the precedent eh?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope they keep the 10 commandments and put up the satanic statue also (fair for one, fair for all). Religion is so archaic, but if someone wants to pray to Santa Claus, I'm good with that. Just don't try to shove it down other peoples throats.

Agreed! Personally I wish everyone would just shut the freaking hell up about things like this but everyone is so insistent on shoving their beliefs down everyone else throats. From Christains to Muslims to atheist to gays, they all think what they believe is right and want everyone else to bow to it. I think the 10 commandment statue is fine and as long as others are done in good taste and in a family friendly way, let them put those up too. Which may be what Fallin and the others are planning. I do not know but that would be one way to keep it there. Let those who believe have their 10 commandments, the Satanist their statue, the Pastafarians their statue of the flying spaghetti monster, gays could have a rainbow monument, whatever. Just everyone shut up and learn to live together. If the statue was not paid for by the government and they are not forcing anyone to worship it, it is not forming a religion.

And ignoring laws you do not like is something Obama is famous for, maybe that is where she learned it.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The motion to rehear will be denied. OKSC can't rule any other way than they already have according to the state constitution. They will order it to be taken down or Mary will be held in contempt. I don't see them saying....sure, we'll wait until you can change the constitution before we enforce our ruling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom